• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The "copy" option is grayed out and I can't copy and paste. [2016]

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Digital Editions and haven't used it for a while but when I went to copy and past something it wouldn't work.  This seriously impacts the usefulness of the product.  I'm sure there's an easy solution but don't know what it is. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Hello,

Based on the information given, I suspect that you have purchased a book where the bookstore has disabled the ability to copy and paste as a security/DRM measure. Unfortunately, there isn't much that you can do if this is the case. You can go to the library view in ADE and then right click on the book and select "Get Info." If copying is allow or disallowed it will say it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Based on the information given, I suspect that you have purchased a book where the bookstore has disabled the ability to copy and paste as a security/DRM measure. Unfortunately, there isn't much that you can do if this is the case. You can go to the library view in ADE and then right click on the book and select "Get Info." If copying is allow or disallowed it will say it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It#s very interresting. I could copy from the same book, before i changed the computer. The same programm, the same book...and it was possible to copy sentences. Now, no chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that happens to all my books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a super annoying bug of ADE's. I've figured out a sort-of work-around, even though it's clunky and not ideal:

1.  Highlight the text (copy is greyed out)
  2.  Press 'Look Up...' 
  3.  Pop up window says 'no results found' but gives the option to do a google search instead. Press the google search option
  4.  Then just copy it from the google search bar that it's opened up in a seperate window 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disclaimer: My assumption here is that your purpose is to pull notes from a book for a class, etc. where you have properly been given access to the materials. Technical subjects simply require more notes/excerpts.

You can also try downloading a new copy of the book/chapter.  Likely it will still show as the same lease as from the last DL. First remove all listings of the item from ADE and delete all previous DL iterations (1), etc. - then DL again and it may get you a bit more mileage for taking necessary notes.

Lastly you can print to PDF - not from ADE - it will give an error about "Virtual printing is not allowed" unless you want to actually physically print and then scan it back in. Seems excessive.  
Print the needed chapter or pages (probably not the whole book and there is a page print limitation anyway) to PDF from your online bookstore. Then copy from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines