• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file will not print correct size, prints 8.5x11 every time

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had a Photoshop printing problem where the file only prints 8.5x11 no matter what paper size you select? I have un-installed and re-installed both Photoshop and the printer drivers & software.. nothing works. I can't find any information on the Adobe forums.. I mean I found people with the same problems, but no answers. Thought I'd check if any of you are also experiencing this problem. I'm working with Photoshop CC 2017 on OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). Currently I am trying to print to a Canon, however I also have problems printing to an Epson. The Epson printer will print the correct size paper, but the image will be cropped to 8.5x11. **Only happens when trying to print out of Photoshop... any other program will print perfectly fine**

Any help would be much appreciated! Please advise if more info is needed to help figure out this problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Epson and Canon printers are you using? Also could you post a screenshot of Photoshop Print Window (please expand the print window to show all of the controls).

Thanks

-Tom Attix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply! I am using:

Canon imageRunner Advance C7565i

Epson Stylus Pro 4900

Attached screenshots for both printers. Hopefully of the right thing? Please let me know if not! Thank you!!

Canon:

Canon.jpgcanon print window.jpg

Canon Paper Size Tabloid.jpg

Canon Default Settings Tabloid.jpg

Epson:

Epson.jpg

Epson print window.jpg

Epson Paper Size.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're definitely doing it right. I have 2 things to try:

- Make a custom paper size rather than using one of the presets (Go to the paper size popup menu and scroll to the bottom and select Manage Custom Sizes)

- Try the Epson Plugin (Epson Print Layout - Epson ). It will appear in the File/Automate/ menu.

Please try both and let me know how it goes, these will help me figure out where it's failing.

Thanks

-Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thank you so much for your time in helping me with this!! Ok, I made the custom paper size... but it still did not print on 11x17 paper, it printed to 8.5x11 paper on the Canon. The Epson printer DID print on 11x17 paper, however the image printing on the paper was cropped to only 8.5x11. And the Epson printer was doing this before I made a custom size too. See screenshots below:

custom paper size.jpg

Canon printed on 8.5x11:

18051600_10101264409387102_1321848146_n.jpg

Epson printed 11x17 paper but 8.5x11 print area:

18073359_10101264405754382_1388775878_n.jpg

And important to note that both these printouts.... they looked like the first image, that shows the print area in Photoshop, so I never moved the print area around or anything to cause it to print/crop differently.

I did download the plug-in however I received this error message when I tried to use it. We use CMYK for all of our work and we aren't allowed to use RGB, so I cannot make that change, even though I realize thats a requirement for this plugin to work. Screenshot below:

epson print layout.jpg

Through all this testing however, I have to think my Photoshop may be corrupt. Reason being, I made a brand new file using 11x17 dimensions, 300ppi, etc (screenshot attached below). Then I did a marquee fill shape of a rectangle. Then I went to print... same settings as seen in the previous message, and still it printed on 8.5x11 paper. Now if I go onto our company server and pull up an old file that someone else made from their computer, it prints no problem on the 11x17 paper. I cannot wrap my head around what I am doing wrong in setting up files, because it only seems to happen with the ones I am setting up. I also do not have this problem in any other program but Photoshop. Just super weird.

New Photoshop file setup:

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 2.49.25 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try setting your Preferences to Use Legacy New Document Interface and seeing if that changes anything?

Thanks

-Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK good news! Somehow part of the old driver software was still on my computer, hidden in the Library, which is why the Canon printer would only print 8.5x11! Got that fixed.. Canon prints all sizes now

HOWEVER, can NOT figure out why the Epson still prints 8.5x11 area on a 11x17 paper instead of the actual 11x17 print area? I did try the Use Legacy New Document Interface, but it did not help anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines