• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove white "halos"

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Lightroom with Photoshop Elements 15. I have some photos that I've edited in Elements where I've replaced a slate-gray sky with a blue sky. But no matter what I do, I get these white ghosts or halos around the smaller branches. Attached is a screen shot of one corder of the photo so it's obvious what's happening. I can eliminate (mostly) chromatic aberrations in the green/blue etc. ranges, but these stay. I've tried reducing Clarity to negative numbers to no avail. Wondering if anyone had thoughts about this. I've checked online for answers, and though there were suggestions for using Photoshop, I don't have that or CC. Thanks.Ghosting or Halos.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

You will find the discussion at Lightroomforums very topical to your question-

https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/clean-line-around-mask.30835/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find the discussion at Lightroomforums very topical to your question-

https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/clean-line-around-mask.30835/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will read through it and give it all a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will look through it all and give it a try. Appreciate both of you (wobertc and Mohit) for taking time to answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what your two links suggested, and it (mostly) works. I unfortunately have photos with leafless trees, thin branches, so it's tedious and difficult to get them all, but yes, these were great suggestions. Thanks to both of you again. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, refer: Halos in Lightroom

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did finally find a fix (most of the time) for this problem if anyone else has it. When I am adding a sky in Elements 15, I take the magic wand to select all of the background. What I didn't know (and someone told me) is to go to Feathering in the Select drop down menu and set it to 1. It defaults to 5. That eliminates a lot of the white. Second step: In the layers window, next to opacity, is a drop down. Change it from Normal to Darken. That also helps, although it will also (in some cases) mess up the masking on the photo. These two steps really helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines