• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with importing .gif into Animate CC

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been struggling on an issue with importing gifs into Flash for a couple weeks now. I've been making animated pixel art in Photoshop, and then importing it to Flash as part of a game I'm making.

Unfortunately, literally all of the gifs I've imported have had serious flaws in them. Flash randomly makes parts of the gif transparent, adds extra pixels, or doubles frames over each-other in bizarre ways. So far I've been correcting these by just saving every frame in Photoshop as an individual .png and then importing those to flash and replacing the broken parts of the gifs. This is extremely time-consuming though, especially for longer animations.

Here's an example of a glowing pot I scaled up so you can see it better. This is the gif I exported from photoshop. Here's the actual size.

Here's what the sprite-sheet flash is generating looks like. As you can see the pot is completely gone in the 3rd frame, even though it's present in the actual gif.

In this case, it wouldn't be too bad to just go in and replace the broken .png, but for some gifs I've imported almost every single frame is broken in some way. Is there a way to get Flash to correctly import these gifs without garbling them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Hope this alternative works:

Export from photoshop as .mp4 and download Gifrocket. Drag it on there and it gives you a small/clean gif.

Importing a .gif into flash/animate is a peculiar redundancy so that's why it's probably hiccuping. If you export the photoshop artwork you've created, as a movie/video (mp4) - you can import that into animate and export as gif.

Importing a gif in to flash is like putting a fully cooked top Ramen soup back inside a microwave.

Good luck altogether!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope this alternative works:

Export from photoshop as .mp4 and download Gifrocket. Drag it on there and it gives you a small/clean gif.

Importing a .gif into flash/animate is a peculiar redundancy so that's why it's probably hiccuping. If you export the photoshop artwork you've created, as a movie/video (mp4) - you can import that into animate and export as gif.

Importing a gif in to flash is like putting a fully cooked top Ramen soup back inside a microwave.

Good luck altogether!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines