Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurred writing in indesign CS6 - Please help

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Creative Suite 6 on macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Unfortunately, every font / type I enter as text in Adobe Indesign is blurred.

How to fix the problem?

Thank you,

Best regards

Yvonne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

InDesign CS6 is not supported by Adobe running under El Capitan and Sierra. Some seem to be able to run it satisfactory others report problems.

If you have a high resolution display this may be causing the issue, you would need to upgrade to InDesign CC2015/2017 as CS6 is not optimised for retina screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS6 is not supported by Adobe running under El Capitan and Sierra. Some seem to be able to run it satisfactory others report problems.

If you have a high resolution display this may be causing the issue, you would need to upgrade to InDesign CC2015/2017 as CS6 is not optimised for retina screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek gave a helpful answer with some suggestions, but it is NOT the correct answer to the OP's question.

I wish people would stop doing this, particularly when they are not contributing to the solution and in all likelihood have no idea what is correct and what isn't. It is an endlessly frustrating occurrence that seems to happen a lot in these forums. It makes it all the harder to find solutions and make a lot of the posts worthless if you people think that these really are 'correct answers'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if it's not the correct answer, what it is?

While you have a valid point in that not everyone is having issues, and I'm happy you're among them, many people are having serious problems. When the original retina displays came out, it was not uncommon to have two people with identical configurations giving two different stories.

It is impossible to see through someone else's eyes. What's acceptable to one, is completely unusable to another.

Here are the facts:

• CS6 applications are not supported in any way under 10.11 and later.
  • InDesign CS6 was never updated to support HiDPI displays. Photoshop and Illustrator were.
  • Adobe has declared CS6 end of life and has ceased all sales of the product.

I think it's wonderful that you're willing to help out those that still want to hang on to CS6 while moving forward with newer Mac operating systems, but you are also doing them a disservice with a blanket statement that CS6 works fine.

It may work fine for you, but these forums are littered with posts from frustrated users that just can't get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer is whatever helps the OP. Not a 'blanket statement' that you need to update to CC2017 to fix it.

It is certainly not the place of someone who has not even participated in the discussion to mark an answer as correct.

Unfortunately in this case the OP hasn't come back to the thread to give feedback on what they have tried and what their specific issues are, so it isn't possible to help any further.

I am not making blanket statements that CS6 works fine - I am simply stating that it is possible. No-one can give an absolute guarantee.

And while Indesign CC2017 may work fine for you, these forums are littered with posts from frustrated users that just can't get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flaming1  wrote

It is certainly not the place of someone who has not even participated in the discussion to mark an answer as correct.

I've never seen one of my questions marked correct unless I've done it myself. I think that's the way it's intended to work. I'd be surprised if a moderator did that and not the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, yvonneg41261236 hasn't replied. So we don't know whether it's the correct answer for her. But I still agree with Bob that it's the correct answer for most people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have probably a high-resolution retina display. This is not supported with InDesign CS6, you would have to upgrade to a CC subscription.

And CS6 is not compatible with Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yvonne

I am one of the many people who are 'able to run InDesign CS6 satisfactorily' under Sierra - in fact it actually runs perfectly and is crisp and clear and very fast on a new 5K iMac with Retina screen.

While it is true that CS6 is not supported by Adobe any more, it can and does still run with Sierra and you DO NOT have to upgrade to CC to get things working. For many people this is not a good option as apart from the unnecessary costs of doing this, it is causing a lot of headaches. A quick browse through these forums show that CC2017 in particular is very buggy.

High resolution displays are not an issue with CS6, regardless of whether CS6 has been optimised for them or not. Some people report the type being a little bit soft on Mac laptops with Retina screens, but nobody has reported any issues with clarity on iMacs with Retina screens. Do you have a Macbook or an iMac?

Has your InDesign just started doing this, or have you just changed your computer? You might try some different display resolution options to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines