• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot synch certain images to LR Mobile

Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 images, a jpg and a tiff of each of two files.

When I try to sync them to LR Mobile, the desktop LR top bar shows "synching 2 files".

This message never clears but the images can be seen in the LR MOBILE display.

If I remove the images from THE MOBILE SITE, the "synching 2 files" is removed.

This only happens with these 2 files.

Ideas?

thanks,

vince

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple things to try. Go as if to edit them in LR Mobile, make no changes, save. See if that clears it. Other possibility, remove from LR Mobile -and- Lightroom. Restart.  These are both based merely on hunches; I think the first worked for me. If either works, pls report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply. I tried yi=our suggestion with no luck.

I think there must be some fundamental misunderstanding in my mind about how this works.

I must review the literature/instructions regarding this. Perhaps you can recommend a good place to start.

Again, thanks much.

vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinsolo, I just cleared an "infinite sync" by removing the image from -all- synced collections. When I returned it, the problem disappeared. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have done the same with the same results. However, I cannot sync these two images but have no trouble synching any other images. Don't know why as the images respond normally

to all tests I can run.

vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last thing I can think of...  physically copying, renaming the problem image files. Do it one at a time so you can save Lightroom adjustment settings prior to deletion and reapply to new files. Don't sync new ones until you've deleted, cleared the old ones. See if they sync, then rename. If it works, you've solved the problem, but I admit it's an unsatisfactory workaround.  If it doesn't work it makes things seem so sketchy you might want to forward an image here or to a friend to see if it causes hangups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, thanks, joefry99.

I am certain you are on the right track. I have made copies both images,  in and outside lightroom and I have changed names. I am baffled.

I will send a PM ( to brag) if I figure it out.

vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines