• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Exposure Issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo was rejected for "exposure issue." I'm thinking over exposed? but would welcome comments. Focus is off on this because it is the thumbnail that was on the "rejected" e-mail. Thanks.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little hard to see with such a small image, but if it was an exposure issue, I would think it was under-exposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huhn. I'd have thought over exposed because of the white in the background. Under exposed because of the lack of detail on the black parts of the sextant? Appreciate the thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davids3001064  wrote

Under exposed because of the lack of detail on the black parts of the sextant?

That's what I was thinking. Again, the example image you've shown us is super-tiny, but there appears to be plenty of detail in the lighter areas, but nothing in the dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this one got kicked back because of "exposure issues" as well. My initrial thought was over exposed because of the white curtains and the white board on which the bottles are sitting - might it be under exposure as to the bottles themselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That whole shot looks under-exposed.

This might be a good time for you to check the settings of your monitor and recalibrate it. It is probably too bright making stuff look fine to you, but not on calibrated monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. appreciate the comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is underexposed - but could be easily fixed - set a white point in curves, and a black point, build up the contrast and send it back in!

Always check that histogram!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I calibrated. Even to my untrained eye, there is a difference. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines