• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right and Left profile view are not triggered by arrow keys.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am playing with the new walk cycle features. My goal is to rig a Left/Right profile view so that when i press the left/right arrow key my puppet will walk left or right

Right now everything works except for the arrow key triggering the left/right views.

The workaround I used was to trigger the left view with another key and then proceed to walk with the arrow keys. not ideal.

Any tips would be great:)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Have you tagged the two views with the Left/Right Profile tag? One way to verify that the Walk behavior is "seeing" those tags, is to open the puppet in the puppet panel with the root group selected (or select the puppet in the project panel), then look in the properties panel and twirl open the Walk parameters. The 2nd-to-last parameter is called "Views". Twirl that down and it should show you the path to the two tagged view groups.

Note that you may be using Left/Right Profile tags for the Head

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tagged the two views with the Left/Right Profile tag? One way to verify that the Walk behavior is "seeing" those tags, is to open the puppet in the puppet panel with the root group selected (or select the puppet in the project panel), then look in the properties panel and twirl open the Walk parameters. The 2nd-to-last parameter is called "Views". Twirl that down and it should show you the path to the two tagged view groups.

Note that you may be using Left/Right Profile tags for the Head Turner behavior too, which is OK -- Walk only actually uses the views that have some Body-tagged handles.

Also, check that you have _both_ Left & Right Profiles tags. Walk either expects both or neither. With neither, the arrows cause the single view to walk forward & backward. With both, it triggers each view (& hides the other views).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot.

The problem was that I was trying to focus on only one profile before making the second one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines