• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import Word text without "hidden text"

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to import Word text (* .docx) without "hidden text" into InDesign?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Hi

Here's how I would do it:

Step 1: In Microsoft Word:

1. create a custom character style in Word. Set it as "hidden". (I put it in red in the example below for better viewing)
  2. Use the Word Search/Replace feature to Search hidden text and replace by the character style you created.
  3. Save and close

Step 2: In Indesign:

1. Open Conditional text panel. Create a condition (let's call it "invisible")
  2. Use the INDD Search/Replace feature to search Word character style and replace by "invisible" condition.
  3. Finally, hi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a copy of Word to check this out with, but are you talking about a Word file that has edits? Here's an example:

ORIGINAL: I'm going to the library to borrow a book.

EDITED: I'm going to the store to buy a book.

When you place the Word file into InDesign, you get this:

I'm going to the librarystore to borrowbuy a book.

If that's the problem, you open the Word file and find "accept changes" (or something like that). I haven't done it in years, but that's what I think you might mean. If not, someone will be along with a better answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Here's how I would do it:

Step 1: In Microsoft Word:

1. create a custom character style in Word. Set it as "hidden". (I put it in red in the example below for better viewing)
  2. Use the Word Search/Replace feature to Search hidden text and replace by the character style you created.
  3. Save and close

Step 2: In Indesign:

1. Open Conditional text panel. Create a condition (let's call it "invisible")
  2. Use the INDD Search/Replace feature to search Word character style and replace by "invisible" condition.
  3. Finally, hide it using Conditional text panel.

Hope that helps

Vinny

hidden text.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines