Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor UX on Adobe Color website

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is a pretty annoying issue I have when browsing for colors on the Adobe Color website:

When I find a color theme I want to save, clicking "save" opens a page for the saved color and exits the "explore" view. This is extremely annoying as I have to click back and perform the search (or scroll) all over again, every time I save a theme.

I just want to browse and save multiple color themes to try out in Illustrator.  This should be an easy process, but it's absolutely not.

I couldn't find another way to submit this bug/request to Adobe so I really hope they see this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised that "save to library" doesn't even add the theme to my panel inside Illustrator. I have to click "appreciate". I don't think many first time users would guess that.

The only way to get my saved themes into Illustrator is to re-publish them as my own themes. I guess this is why there are so may duplicate themes on the site.

"Edit copy" and "save to library" is basically the same thing now.

I think there should be a way to use your saved themes inside Illustrator. This means you don't have to re-publish another user's theme (aka creating a duplicate) and you also make sure you have a personal copy of the theme in case the original creator decides to delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hans,

Thanks for the feedback.  I can tell you that both the items you pointed out are pretty high on our to-do list.

Shamit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the second item, there is a workaround.  If you have Adobe Illustrator CC you can find the color theme you created in the libraries panel ( Window > Libraries ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you checkout the new Adobe Color Theme panel in Illustrator and share your feedback.

Thanks

Shamit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hans,

The back button issues is now resolved. Can you check it out and share your feedback.

Shamit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I have also have a commentary on this UX.  When I do a research, i found some color themes that are repeated and others that don't match on what i want, so i wish to have a button to dismiss that color theme result, and save search, is this a good idea?  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is currently on do-list with our team, will get back to you once in effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines