• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder was not writable

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos appear when I click to import then after about 20 minutes of waiting I get this message.

Importing my pictures from my camera (Can't use the memory card the reader in my computer is broken)

I'm working on a Mac OS X
Photos are in RAW format on a Canon EOS Rebel T6. I've been using the same camera/ memory card/ settings for months.

Checked all my folders they are not locked, I have permission, they are all writable and read.
I've tried moving the import to a new folder, I've tried importing one picture at a time.
Tried using a new memory card still get the same message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the photos you are trying to import being displayed in the import dialog.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise the import option you are using Copy, Move, Add if possible post a screen capture of the import dialog with the options you have selected.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 8.41.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to make sure you have read and write privileges to the parent folder 2017 and the full path to this folder. In your operating system find the folder and right click and select info. The resulting dialog should look like the attached screen capture.

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 10.10.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of the permissions of the exact Destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 2.07.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even checked the Lightroom folder & The Pictures folder these folder are under. All of them are writable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you set the 2017 folder permissions for EVERYONE to Read&Write?? Same for staff??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, still no change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version number of your Lightroom? Please go to Help->System Info and report back what version number is shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's version 6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 6.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought; are the files somehow locked/protected by the camera  or the card and cannot be copied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not protected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the camera battery fully charged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested this function i.e. importing image files direct from my camera model Olympus EM-1 to my folder destination on my iMac with OS X 10.12.4 and it completes as expected. I normally would import by inserting the SD card directly to my computer via the builtin slot.

I have no further idea why this is not functioning on your system.

I am running LR CC 2015.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thought, since this behavior started have you shut down your computer (power off) then reboot after a few minutes? Also reset your Lightroom preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the connection between the computer and the camera has gone bad somehow, you might want to try getting a different cable, or a new card reader, and see if the problem has gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re post # 4 where you posted a screen capture of the import dialog.

Under "File handling" do you by any chance have "Make a second copy to" selected.

If so is there full read write privileges to that location?

Grasping at straws here.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines