• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Item from previous slide show on next slide, but doesn't shows in timeline.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

I have a slide with a pop-up menu. This shows on slide 1 and has 3 different images.

Now the first image shows on slide 2, but doesn't show in the timeline. And i can't delete it.

How can i fix this problem.

Regards

Quinten

-     Slide 1

Menu.PNG

-     Slide 2

Slide2.PNG

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from The Lounge to Adobe Captivate)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a software simulation? Which version do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i started from a blank project. I use Captivate 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check timing: is object not timed for rest of project? Check also the used

master slide on objects.

On Apr 20, 2017 12:55 PM, "kristina64193005" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The timing is not set for rest of project.

And I don't see something on the masterslide.

Maybe is a bug in Adobe Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, you should be on 9.0.2.437.

On Apr 20, 2017 1:25 PM, "kristina64193005" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use version 9.0.2.437.

When i hide it on the first slide it also hide on the second slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the road, couldn't see the images (they don't appear in mails).

It is a group, not just an image. Can you expand the group and check the timing of all objects?

How is this menu appearing: do you use an advanced action? Or is it static on that first slide?

If it is static, not being shown/hidden by actions, or doesn't have states, can you delete the group and recreate it on the first slide (save a copy of the project first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem,

Only 2 objects have a timing the green image for the button, and the button. They have time 3 sec.

The menu work with advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the timeline with that group (which shows up on next slide) expanded please?

Can I see a screenshot of the advanced actions used to show/hide the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline

screenshot.PNG

Advanced Actions

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must apologize but giving up. Where is that expanded group, please?

I can continue to ask questions but it seems to be a waste of my and your time. Someone has to look at that project.

Since I'm just a user, not working for Adobe, I have decided not to accept to debug projects through the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The advanced actions seem to be potentially more complicated than needed just to show a group (unless you need to use variables based on what was happening on previous slides?) - couldn't you just group a new next/prev button with each slide, and have it show/hide the applicable group? (rather than trying to use the same button for all of them). I think I remember Captivate struggling to check a variable and change it at the same time (although that wouldn't be the issue you are describing).

My advice is to first simplify the advanced actions if you can; and then to create an "on exit" action on the slide with the popups that hides all of the popup groups so, no matter what, when you leave the slide they don't keep showing. It would be ideal to figure out what's causing it because it's likely causing other issues, but that will at least make it stpo happening.

The other poster wanted to see expanded group that contains image(s) that keep showing (the group_1 etc... that is being shown or hidden in your advanced actions), but I still reiterate to make sure they aren't set to "Show for Rest of Project" under properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Megan Sure, that is why I gave up.

Just pop in to warn against using the On Exit event! There are several reasons. Have a look at:

Events and (advanced) Actions - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest also double checking that the images themselves aren't set to show for rest of slide.

Other option is to republish in case there is a bug (happens sometimes if there are webobjects used on the previous slide) or, if all else fails, set those objects to hide on slide exit of the first slide as a work around (not ideal).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Megan  Why would an object set to display for the rest of the slide appear on the next slide? I never did see that happen. That happens when it is displayed for the rest of the project or if that object is on the used master slides, both questions have been answered by the OP as being negative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri​ oops sorry, I did mean rest of project. Was just echoing your statement to double check the individual objects int he group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri​ I think I didn't actually know that even after years of using different versions and troubleshooting hundreds of issues/making different work-arounds, so thank you. I use it so rarely I must have only ever done it on a slide with interactions that was only a few seconds long on the timeline - so people were always reaching the end of the slide.

kristina64193005 I think if simplifying the actions doesn't help figure out the issue, your best bet is to have someone look at the project like lilybiri said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Megan ... You have been very lucky, I avoid the On Exit event unless I'm totally sure that it is functional (there are some situations). I have been creating, exploring and debugging so many advanced actions for clients in about 10 years, that avoiding some pitfalls are burned into my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know! I'm very confused as to how I have been lucky enough to avoid that issue haha. I can see it having its use if you restrict navigation until the end of a slide, but now I know to avoid it if I can!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources