Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update download stalls at 43%. After Effects only on Mac and PC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details. You're being generic and vague.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac mini which is running the latest ios. I also have a pc running windows 10. Both machines have the Adobe CC app. I have tried updating After Effects on both machines and both stop at 43%. I left the mac running overnight and the next day it was still stuck.

All the other programs udate and install just fine. After Effects is the only one that plays up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's right about the point the download completes and the files are extracting.

make sure you have plenty of room on your c drive and empty all your tmp and temp folders.  then quit the cc and restart the cc app as administrator*

*how to run as administrator:

win: right click>click 'run as administrator'

mac: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6411085?start=0&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My stall experience happens during the update download. I see the progress in the Adobe CC app and it stops dead at 43%. This occurs on both my Mac mini AND my PC running Windows 10. The download does not start up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling AE on my PC. I emptied the temp folder on the C Drive and then ran the Adobe CC app as an administrator. I chose Install for a fresh installation.The download stopped at 43%. Task Manager shows nil activity for the Adobe CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered if the answer lies in this. I found it in the After Effects folder. It is dated 16/04/2107:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Plug-ins\Format\ProImport\Supporting Files\logs.

++ Starting AE Import 8.00.01 [Mar 18 2014]

++ AE12.0(CS7.5) [114.0]

++ Win8  9200, QT NOT INSTALLED

++ Sun Apr 16 12:48:09 2017

settings not avail 'C:ProgramData:Automatic Duck:Supporting Files:ADSettings.xml' aftereffectsimport

>> constructed: 1  destroyed: 1

>>         new: 1     delete: 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidr59739802 in addition to Kglad's suggestions I would recommend reviewing the install log to determine the exact error that is preventing installation of After Effects CC 2017.  For details on how to review the install log see Creative Cloud download and install errors​.  You are welcome to post any errors you discover to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last entry in the download/error log for After Effects just refers to a version 13.5 from 2016. I will try the advice from Kglad when the sun gets around to the Pacific Coast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Davidr59739802 the latest release of After Effects CC 2017 is not available for direct installation at this time.  I would recommend reviewing the installation logs to determine why the update is failing to install.  Details on how to review the install log can be found in post #8 of this discussion.

You are also welcome to work directly with our support team as suggested by Kglad in message #7 if you would like guided assistance with resolving the current error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not try the direct download link?

Here you go: Download Creative Cloud apps

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I clicked your link and After Effects downloaded and installed successfully. The link is for AE version 14.0.0.207. The updates that I am being offered through the Adobe CC app refers to version 14.2. I tried downloading that and the download stalled at 44%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you can find all versions:

Creative Cloud desktop keeps restarting

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines