• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid numeric value

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Acrobat Pro DC on MacOS Sierra. When I try to optimize PDF files by subsampling the resolution I constantly see the error 'Invalid numeric value' when I try to enter a new resolution value. It's driving me nuts.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot with the error and your new value. Please do NOT try to email it, but return to the forum and use the insert image icon in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply - screenshot attached. The error appears when I type the value 72 into the subsampling dialogue box and will continue to appear regardless of what value is inserted.

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 12.38.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely not supposed to happen. I just tried with Acrobat DC on El Capitan (don't have Acrobat installed on my Sierra machine), and it definitely works here.

Any time I run into a weird problem like this that does not have a good explanation, the first thing I do is to reboot the computer. We are running Mac OS, so that very likely means the same for you as it does for me: We don't reboot on a regular basis. Sometimes a reboot is all it takes to restore normal functionality. So, I would reboot and after the reboot only start Adobe Acrobat and no other application (of anything comes up, I would exit those applications). Then, I would turn off all the other optimization categories besides "Images". Then, I would try to use a different downsampling algorithm, including "Off". Does anything allow you to enter a number? If that all fails, I think it's time to get Adobe's support involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue. I can't remember when it started but now affects my Acro Pro 11 and Acro Pro DC. No matter the value or settings entered into Save as Optimized, it says "invalid numeric value." My previously saved presets appear to work (but I can't adjust them.)

MacOS Sierra 10.12.1

Acrobat DC 2017.009.20044

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

Same for 3 other Sierra users here at work.

Sierra 10.12.1

Acrobat Pro 11.0.19

Doesn't matter what number I enter or which field I start in - can't create and customized optimization.

Works fine in same version of Acrobat in Yosemite, with the same PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be time to talk to Adobe's support: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder: what are you national language settings, and what is he language of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines