• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Droplets broken again... now what to do?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use droplets with 2 or 3 files to "save as jpg" MANY times a day in many folders.  Using Batch or Scripts is too time consuming to open and find the source folder and destination folder for just 3 files when I'm doing it many times a day.

So, now without droplets, I'm trying to create an ACTION that saves a file as a .jpg in the folder it was opened from.

An action would require just 3 clicks to convert 3 files to .jpg.

But it always saves in the folder where I originally created the action. I need it to save in the SAME folder I opened them from like a droplet does.

Is that not possible?  After searching for this solution, all I find is "use batch or scripts"  but it is not feasible to do that for a few files many times a day.

I'm using whatever version of photoshop is current.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Well... found something called sagethumbs which did the trick for me.  Not only can I right click to convert files to .jpg and png but it's letting me see .psd thumbnails in windows explorer.  

I don't have any info on the people that made it so use it at your own risk.  I was pretty desperate to find a solution and it's working better than I'd hoped.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you report the bug to Adobe on their feedback site.  I do not see any Droplet bugs reports for Photoshop CC 2017 on their site?

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  After looking through, I found one where people were having similar issues as recently as 4 weeks ago.  It didn't seem to have a solution on there other than "install an older version of photoshop" which is not an option for me.

Photoshop CC 2017: Droplets cannot communicate with photoshop on Windows | Photoshop Family Customer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... found something called sagethumbs which did the trick for me.  Not only can I right click to convert files to .jpg and png but it's letting me see .psd thumbnails in windows explorer.  

I don't have any info on the people that made it so use it at your own risk.  I was pretty desperate to find a solution and it's working better than I'd hoped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use droplets. However I just opened CC 2017. Created a droplet on my Windows 10 desktop. and closed Photoshop down.  I have the latest Windows 10 Preview build 16179 installed.  I dropped a jpeg files I created from as screen capture of the creation of the droplet. Onto the droplet icon on my desktop.   Photoshop CC 2014 started for I do not use CC 2017 because of a bug in Photoshop cc 2015.5 abd CC 2017.1 scripting.  I have CC 2014 start as my default Photoshop windows version.   The File was opened and the droplet opened a Save As dialog. For there is no save in Adobe spatter frame action.  It wanted to do a save as PSD into output folder I set into the droplet.  I changed it to a Jpeg instead and clicked save. Here is it.  The Droplet worked as I expected it to. As I do not use CC 2017.1.   However I created the Droplet using CC 2017.1... Are you sure you have a problem with the latest Adobe software?  There was a Windows bug I believe Microsoft fixed it though.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for looking into this further.   I recently updated both windows and adobe to the newest builds so I'm not sure which, if either, is the problem.  This happened once before a while ago and after a month or two all the old droplets started working again.  ?? 

I tried creating new droplets this time and it came up with the same "can't communicate"  issue but if you are able to do it then apparently it's something with my computer and not photoshop.  Weird.

Anyway, I found a program that will do what I need it to do without having to open the batch dialog so I'm not going to keep searching for a solution.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remember I have Window 10 Preview build installed. There could be a bug in Standard Windows 10. However I do not touch my wife's machine unless she asks me to do so.  Little women is a fairy tale boundaries must be respected to keep the peace.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines