Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Tool Default

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

First time posting, apologies if in the wrong forum.

This is a small issue but I find it extremely annoying. When I hit the shortcut "G" I expect the paint bucket to be selected so I can quickly change/fill colors. But lately the "G" tool defaults to the gradient tool which I rarely ever use. Am I missing something in preferences to fix this? I know I can use Shift-G to toggle back to the paint bucket but this started happening once I updated photoshop CC this week.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove the shortcut for the Gradient Tool altogether if you rarely ever use it (see »Edit Toolbar«).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop for year and didn't realize I could do that! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was finding this extremely annoying too... especially with the healing brush. It seems that when switching from the Move Tool to any other tool via a shortcut key Photoshop now defaults you to the first tool in the group. To extend what c.pfaffenbichler​​ advised, another workaround is to drag your preferred tool to the top of the related tool group to ensure it's always selected when you use the shortcut.

I really hope this is just a bug and not intended new behaviour... I feel like they fixed a similar problem in a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines