• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw version 9.3 corrupted PS plugin

Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since about a week I am not able to load pictures made with Canon EOS 80D any more in Photoshop version 2017.1. The camera Raw plugin info states Camera Raw 9.3 is installed, opening a RAW picture from out of LR into PS or directly in PS provides an error stating:

This indicates that Camera Raw is not up to date.

Replacing Camera Raw is not possible with the manual update links either, and the CC menu does not allow any changes either:

In short, Camera Raw does not really plug-in in PS, and I cannot use PS any more.

Adobe support has reported it as a bug 3 days ago, but nothing seems to happen since.

This is a serious Bug. I have the same problem reported 3 days ago, and it has been stated as Bug by the technician

I cannot use photoshop any more because my EOS 80D RAW requires Version 9.10 but the Camera Raw plug-in is back on 9.3 now; which is insufficient

Strangely enough the problem has started recently, although I have been working with my 80D RAW pictures in Lightroom about all winter without a problem

Camera Raw 9.10 is needed is stated by PS, but 9.3 does not feel like making any space.

Anyone to get this problem boosted?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon 80d requires at least ACR 9.5 why back level to ACR 9.3?

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I knew? I got the error messages a few days ago  and found ACR had gone back to 9.3 and is not willing to be removed....or upgraded any more.

I reinstalled PS without effect and would like to know a way to destroy ACR and reinstall...

I also asked support but the guy did not manage either to get it fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you see 9.3?

There's a confirmed bug in the latest ACR/Lr release that produces this erroneous message. You can ignore it - just click "don't show again" and "open anyway". Things work normally from that point. It will be fixed in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS Help- about plugins -Camera Raw gives:

I now found this 9.3 coupe was resulting from files with the name:  Camera Raw.8bi (as was stated in the PS info file).

I have deleted those files, and installed a 10.9 version of CR manually.

Now I am able to open my RAW files from out of LR in PS again.

However, opening the RAW direct in PS is still a problem and PS does not show RS as plugin any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Camera Raw.8bi is the name of the ACR plugin.

It has to be installed in the correct folder, so that all the applications using it will find it. I can't recall the exact path, but it's under Common Files. If you install in the PS plugin folder it won't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use menu Help>About Plug-ins>Camera RAW... to see which version you have installed.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to find the version I see a gray field 'about plug-ins' clearly showing the camera raw is not connected.

Also in Lightroom I have that problem

How do I get a new version of Camera raw installed or plugged in ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

louisd79464044  wrote

If I try to find the version I see a gray field 'about plug-ins' clearly showing the camera raw is not connected.

Also in Lightroom I have that problem

How do I get a new version of Camera raw installed or plugged in ?

If Photoshop menu Help>About Plug-ins is grayed out I believe you have a bad install. Photoshop installs many prug-ins.

The Creative Cloud Desktop application should Install ACR 9.10 and update the Creative Cloud software that uses ACR  to use ACR 9.10 except for  Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Bridge CS6 they should have ACR 9.1.1 installed by the Creative cloud Desktop application.  Lightroom  I do not install but I know Lightroom does not use ACR except to to have Photoshop open your RAW files through ACR with the RAW conversion setting you develop in LR Develop module.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks.

If LR does not use CR, then where does it get the info to fill the lens correction fields?

It looks I have to update that part anyway now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom has the ACR engine built into the application. The same raw converter, one a plugin in Photoshop, the other a standalone application with added functionality.

As such, Lightroom uses some of the ACR assets, such as the ACR cache, camera and lens profiles and so on. There is just no need to have separate instances of these. But ACR and Lightroom are separate applications and are updated separately.

To work seamlessly together, the two should be in version sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines