Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for samples of a great Interactive PDF

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I am tasked to do a sample interactive PDF for an ipad that will give the client an idea of the types of features that can be done. I obviously want to do a great job and blow it out of the park.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any samples I can view to see what can be done for inspiration. This will be created in Indesign and used on an ipad. The person viewing it will not have access to the internet, so once it's on the ipad it will have to be self sufficient.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'll find this blog and discussion useful: It's okay to say no to interactive PDF

Linda.com have a number of online video tutorials, for example (you can get a 10-day free trial):

InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Document

Also Pluralsight have useful tutorials, such as (you can get a free trial): InDesign CC Interactive PDF | Pluralsight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I read the article. I wish we could use something else, but the client is set on that. There is the option that all we do is basic navigation, but I just want to know what is possible to be used on an ipad. From what I read, not a ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the content is only going to be used exclusively on iPads have a look at iBooks Author.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. Can iBooks Author end viewing app be acrobat? They seem pretty set on viewing it in acrobat on the ipad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the other option you might consider is Publish Online, which is interactive and users can download a PDF version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some here: 3D PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I'd love to know how you went with this? In exactly the same position myself right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what position you say you’re in - do you mean, for example, converting 3D CAD documents into PDFs.

By the way the older information on Interactive PDFs on this two year old thread may now be out of date. The interactivity of PDFs nowadays is limited to hyperlinks (if you want a PDF document to be viewed on all platforms, OS and PDF viewers). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

I have a client keen to convert their current print mag to an interactive PDF.
I'm aware this is not the best platform for such a job. Services like mag+, readymag etc have already been suggested.
Just wondering if this is something to explore or a square peg in a round hole best discouraged.
Mag would be viewed on iPad only.
Thanks
Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth having a look at iBooks, Mag + and Issuu https://stories.issuu.com/

Also have a look at in5 Digital Magazines, Mobile Apps, Web Banner, Microsites, & more from InDesign with in5 - Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek... Its been a long time since comments here. I would like to ask you a question.. I need to create interactive PDFs where young students can drag square graphics for expample, to make up a Fraction Set. 6 squares in total would be sithith.. 4 squares in total would be quarters etc.. 

I managed to add a custom graphic for small square and parts of a pie chart using the Stamp Tool, also for making up a fraction chart. Using my Mac, Adobe Pro in user mode allowes me to move the squares to build up the fractions. Also Adobe Acrobate DC in Mac. BUT.. In using a Windows machine, DC will not allow me to move graphic objects. Is there a way of achiving this???? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that with a PDF.  I can't think of any Adobe application that would allow a user to interact in that way. Maybe you should start a new thread and see if anyone else has some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek. Thank you for your reply.. Actually, you can do it.. I could not work out how I could do it on my Mac using Acrobat DC, but it would not work on my daughers PC.. I suddenly realised that she was viewing the PDF in Chrome... As soon as I opened it in Acrobat DC, the graphic can be moved by any user.. Problem solved.. 🙂 You can try yourself using Stamp.. I asked Bluebeam and they said it can be done using Markups, but their free download is only for Windows.. I have requested a Mac version to test it.. 

I appriciate your input.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you stating that this interaction can be done by any user, say on an iPad with just the Adobe Viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made up the main features using iDesign including the Fields, I then added the interactive movable graphic in Adobe Acrobat. As far as I know, you can only interact with the graphic using the Adobe Reader.. Which includs android phones like mine as long as you install the Reader.. Not sure about iPhones. The Adobe Reader has far more uses than other PDF readers. For example, you can only view an interactive 3D object using the PDF reader and thats even true with mobile phones.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines