• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crashes When Rendering Ram Preview For Keylight

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to preview the video where I used Keylight 1.2 to delete the green screen. After a second or two the program freezes and i get a window saying it crashed and it needs to restart.  I am not sure why it crashes every time. I have 13 GB of ram free for it and a GTX 970 Graphics card. Running windows 10 using After Effects CC 2017 and Keylight 1.2. Any ideas why its crashing or how to fix it? Ive closed all other programs, restarted my whole computer and everything and it still doesnt work.  Is it maybe because the video was filmed on my Galaxy s7 and the format or codec is wrong? Its .mp4 i think.  I really need answers in the next day or two becayse this is for a school project due monday (in 3 days).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

It could VERY well be the video.  A lot of phones record video using a variable frame rate, which saves storage space.  But it's God-awful for applications like AE & Premiere Pro that count on seeing each and every frame as regular as clockwork.

You can use Adobe Media Encoder to transcode the clip(s) into fixed frame rate video.  You may have to create a custom preset to do it... not tough.  For the frame rate I'd try both 29.97 and 59.94 frames per second (no fooling). I like making quicktime m

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could VERY well be the video.  A lot of phones record video using a variable frame rate, which saves storage space.  But it's God-awful for applications like AE & Premiere Pro that count on seeing each and every frame as regular as clockwork.

You can use Adobe Media Encoder to transcode the clip(s) into fixed frame rate video.  You may have to create a custom preset to do it... not tough.  For the frame rate I'd try both 29.97 and 59.94 frames per second (no fooling). I like making quicktime movies in the JPEG 2000, PNG, Photo JPEG or Animation codecs.

And beware -- if you have video with an audio track, the audio may be off a bit.

Variable frame rate video really sucks.  Fortunately, there are apps for your phone that will force it into shooting at a fixed frame rate.  I'd get one.  Or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much i will try that ASAP. And i dont need the audio so thats fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question, how do I make the wuality the same when making it an MOV file? The quality always goes down and is really bad, i would like to retain the origina quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to pick a lossless codec. If you render a QuickTime with the PNG codec or the Animation codec, you won't lose any quality.

DNxHD, ProRes, and Cineform are all good choices too even though they're not technically lossless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anytime I used Keylight on my iPhone footage (4K 60fps), After effects would crash when rendering the preview. I changed my Fast Preview setting from Adaptive to Off. Stopped Crashing. Not sure why though, but it worked.

Update: Nevermined still crashing lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines