Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A "L-o-t" of U558 and U559, when publishing a site

Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have a question about the optimizing techniques that Muse use to upload sites.

In the published version http://dingbat2352.businesscatalyst.com/index.html of my document, (if you want to download it https://adobe.ly/2pJwVO8 ) I have a lot copies from a very simple image. 243 copies !!!!!

This doesn't make any sense. 243???!!!!!! It should be only 2!!!!

seta-dropmenu-17-18-u558696-r.png

This little math symbol, I used as dingbat in a menu. As you can see in this site below...

http://dingbat2352.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

As you can see the website, you see the symbol in white and blue.

The white version is the original, the blue was created using a Muse feature with an inner glow.

This feature of colorization, create this crazy bug? Or the breakpoints? This site has 9...

It still does not make sense. The math symbol, don't have any distortion in size or scale...

@Günter Heißenbüttel

Günter I mention you name because of your answer in the post.

Creating customizable objects (e.g. polygons for Muse)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Funny interpretation for something being a bug! Colouring PNGs by using the "Glow" effect, is an undocumented "hack", in a certain sense a coincidentally working side effect. The documented way to achieve, what you want, is to assign different coloured versions of your images to the different states.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start by dropping two of the breakpoints and remove the pin... pin [to browser] if you must

Screenshot (965).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don`t know, where you see the 243 copies, but I would ad to Ussnorway​, to use more fixed width breakpoints.

I highly recommend this thread:

Muse not redirecting to tablet version​

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse generates 243 copies of my dingbat... A simple png file... When I choose to use the effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRivLhRkdTQ&feature=youtu.be

To illustrate my problem or the bug...

In this video, I created a blank document, and insert a simple menu, with a dingbat.

Exported the document as HTML. Perfect, just "1" file was used or "produced".

Them at 1:58 of video, I applied the effect on the png file, on one of the states.

The final result is 8 files.... Instead of 2... : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am not into coding and so I don´t have a clue, if these effects are done in CSS or Javascript or whatsoever.

From my common sense, you created four buttons, each with a rollover state. So 4 buttons x 2 states = 8 images.

Not that tricky, I guess.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that Muse interpreted each one as a single element if inner glow effect is present, and export this way. It generates too much garbage.

It should be smarter, 4 buttons use the same image, so use only 1 image. It's wrong that muse creates 3 copies of the image, to have each one independent.

That's the reason of this topic 243...

If you access the site, http://dingbat2352.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

With Chrome, and click on the hamburger menu -> more tools -> developer tools

A new Tab/window appear and between console and network, you see sources

On the left of this new window, choose images folder.

Them you will see how many images this site has.

243... Just for 2 links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I know that it's bug...

Just need to remove the effect and apply a new image, replacing the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Funny interpretation for something being a bug! Colouring PNGs by using the "Glow" effect, is an undocumented "hack", in a certain sense a coincidentally working side effect. The documented way to achieve, what you want, is to assign different coloured versions of your images to the different states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines