• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export from Photoshop only has part of original image

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened six images in Lightroom and then opened as layers in photoshop. I then converted to smart object and stacked layers under the mean setting of Smart Objects under the layer banner. When I export the new image from Photoshop, the resulting jpeg image is only part of the original image. I tried unchecking the use graphics card setting in camera raw, but that had no effect. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post you PSD upload it to someplace like dropbox. Post a link to the download.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - waterfall.psd

Please find enclosed link to waterfall.psd. I originally saved file as a tiff, but I went through the whole process of loading six photos as layers in photoshop, converted to smart object and then stacked layers as a "mean". I then tried to export as a jpeg with smaller size of 2048 x whatever. I used bicubic sharpening and converted to srgb. The resulting photo was just a portion of original file. I could export the file from Lightroom.

I had done this procedure before without problem. I do have a different computer than when I did this before. Files that had not gone through this procedure can be exported normally from photoshop.

Thanks, Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I do not install Lightroom I only use Photoshop. The PSD you uploaded contains as single Smart Object layer.  When I open the layer's object I see that it is a stack of 6 RAW Files conversions in a layer stack. They seem to be a time lapse sequence of a Waterfall form a 14MP Nikon D3100. It does look like you may have used Photoshop's menu >Layer>smart Object>Stack Mode>Mean for when I do I do not see any visual change take place ine the rendered image. When I use Export>Save For Web and convert the ProPhoto RGB colors to sRGB as a fulls size jpeg file. When I open that saved Jpeg file in Photoshop I see the colors seem to be more saturated and darker.  But the full image is there.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - waterfall5.jpg

This is what I get when export waterfall.psd using export as. I exported file as jpeg, reduced image size and used bicubic sharpening.

I did export as a web file and the resulting image was of the full image. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, when I use Quick Export the image comes out the right size. It is only when I use Export As when I get the size problem. I guess I won't use Export As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines