Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help required with the Brush tool in CS5

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

A newbie trying to learn by myself. My brush tool is behaving strange. I dont know if i have fiddled with some settings. I had made a signature preset with the brush tool and i was using it before. Recently when i am trying to use it, with the history brush tool and art history brush tool, its coming out transparent or with some effects. Don't know how to set it right. In the first image below, when i move the cursor, the outline appears, but i when i place it, its transparent. And in the second image with art history brush tool, it creates an effect.

test1.jpegtest2.jpeg

Thanks

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Well this is odd.  First off, go to File > Revert if you want to get your artwork back to the starting point or use the History panel to step back.

The History brush does not "paint", rather it reverses the brush strokes much like the History panel, but you are just affecting the area you brushed. You use the normal brush tool to stamp your signature brush.

Since you have a Mac, Ctrl + clicking on the brush icon like so and selecting Reset Tool should get it back to defaults.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.13.50 PM.png

Also "experimenting" i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the Brush icon in the top  "Option" bar and select "Reset Tool" from the context menu.

It will set the tool back to the default. This works for all tools and is a lifesaver when you have unusual behavior with a tool and can't seem to remember what you changed

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing changed. thanks by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is odd.  First off, go to File > Revert if you want to get your artwork back to the starting point or use the History panel to step back.

The History brush does not "paint", rather it reverses the brush strokes much like the History panel, but you are just affecting the area you brushed. You use the normal brush tool to stamp your signature brush.

Since you have a Mac, Ctrl + clicking on the brush icon like so and selecting Reset Tool should get it back to defaults.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.13.50 PM.png

Also "experimenting" is not a good idea. Google the Tool you want to use and learn something about how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Gene has said, why are you using the History Brush?  It is impossible for us to predict what you might expect without knowing what has gone before.  If you simply want to stamp your name on the image, use the normal brush tool, and click once.

I suspect that you realise that the 'echo' effect is brush spacing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines