• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions Refuses to Deauthorize

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me start by saying that ADOBE CUSTOMER SERVICE  IS HORRIBLE! Seriously I contact customer service and they say go search our forum.  How about you just answer my damn question.

I have followed the directions to deauthorize and it repeatedly tells me "Unable to deauthorize."   Please fix now.  This is not a complex error.  Why should I spend half an hour with your customer service to be told to go post on a forum when they should be able to simply respond.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I can't deauthorise and the CS operator I chatted with directed me here after completely ignoring everything I said in my initial contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you be able to please share a screenshot of the error you are getting while trying to de-authorize ADE.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 8.00.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have tried. And Tried. Repeatedly.  Multiple days.  This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Même problème. Same problem. Unable to de authorize. The damned web pages are of no help and the same pages keep coming back. No solution. I bought an ePub at Renaud-Bray and I can't even read it. HORRIBLE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may have to verify that your security software/firewall is not blocking ADE from reaching out to the server. One of the ways could be to add add Adobe Digital Edition to the authorised list of applications and then try again.

In case it still does not works, please try the suggestions from the following help doc:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful.  I don't have a firewall.  And then you sent me to something about creative cloud license.  Why, oh why can't I get some help for the problem I'm trying to solve.  Are there no actual human beings I can talk to??   Seriously why won't you help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

I understand that the article mentions about Creative Cloud at some places, however, this is applicable to Adobe products where users may face an issue while activating or de-activating. There are certain scenarios where due to some machine specific settings, the product is unable to contact the Adobe Server to activate or de-activate and returns an error due to timeout. In case you are using a Windows PC, then you may also have Windows firewall impacting this.

Please try following the solution under "Reset your Hosts file" and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth

You say: «Please try following the solution under "Reset your Hosts file" and let me know if that fixes the issue». But there is no link and no precise information as to where to find the "Reset your Hosts file » link or button in the incredulous amount of pages.

Please be more precise. This looks like a solution but it is not.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

Please follow the solution to "Reset your hosts file" from the below help article

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

In case the issue persists, please add a screenshot of the error and Operating System information.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I add exactly the same issue and same response from the customer service. But I eventually found a solution for Macos users:

1. Exit ADE

2. from your User directory, go to the folder : Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

(if you don't find the folder Library/, follow the instructions given on Access hidden Mac OS library files )

3. erase the file activation.dat

3. reopen ADE and authorize again.

I hope it will help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines