• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverting from Select & Mask back to Refine Edge is no longer working.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple months ago, I could hold down the Shift key when I chose Select and Mask, and I could get the the old Refine Edge back. Now that's not working at all. Just stays in Select and Mask mode even when I hold down the shift key? Was the option to revert back to Refine Edge taken away recently? If not, what else can I try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest update and it's working for me. Remember, you have to choose it from the Select menu, not the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know. I promise that's just what I'm doing---choosing it from the Select menu.
I know. I'll restart my computer. Usually solves 9 out of 10 mysteries!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laurieb77215747  wrote

Yeah, I know. I promise that's just what I'm doing---choosing it from the Select menu.
I know. I'll restart my computer. Usually solves 9 out of 10 mysteries!

I think it only work works on the layer mask, so you have to output a New Layer with Layer Mask  from Select & Mask  and then select the resulting layer mask, and Shift Click on ​Select > Select and Mask​  it is working OK for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Refine edge is still present and working as this video demonstrates in PS 2017.1.0

ice video 20170423 091803 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines