• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crash

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed the latest LR update onto my MAC with OSX Sierra 10.12.4. It now crashes when I attempt to import files from my card reader. This has never been a problem with previous versions of LR. When I use import button at bottom left LR crashes. When I reopen same thing happens sometimes up to 4/5 times and then it may randomly work.I have rebooted computer to no avail. Is there a fix?

Ross

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Kimra  wrote

I am not a fan of connecting camera to computer: too slow. But will try it.

The point is to diagnose the problem by seeing if the problem goes away when you connect differently

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have tried to deactivate the GPU support?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and it made no difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the version number of your Lightroom (go to Help->System Info)

Also, what happens if you connect the camera to the computer (and not use the card reader)? Does the import work then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version number is Lightroom version: CC 2015.10 [ 1111918 ]

I don't understand why this issue is occurring given i had no problems at all with previous versions of LR  wirh OSX 10.12.4. Is there a bug in new LT version?

Would it be useful to uninstall and then reinstall LR. If I do this will presets and catalogs be automatically reinstalled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kimra  wrote

The point is to diagnose the problem by seeing if the problem goes away when you connect differently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the card reader accessible outside of Lightroom without any problems?

What going on when you copy the images on the local hard disk and then import to LR from this?

Is your system actually patched to the last versions (operating system, drivers, etc.)?

Regards

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines