• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add new stacking method

Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add a custom image stacking method via JSX?  I haven't been able to locate in what code the stacking methods exist.

Thanks,

RONC

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean be new stacking method?  Adobe supplies a script Load Files into stack the has alignment option that can align bracketed images and stitch panoramas.  There is also Adobe  Photomerge script the uses other Adobe Scripts like StackingSupport found in folder Stack Scripts Only.

A script should be able to stack layers any way it wants to.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ,

Thanks a lot for responding so quickly.

The stacking modes like average, sum, median are available but I have a method I developed previously that I'd like to make available that in some circumstances is much better than those.  Naturally it costs more to compute.  There must be a lot code to handle BR and LR that I would have to duplicate in a standalone script whereas putting my code in with the average, sum would be nice for the user.

I have no idea which way to go.

I'd appreciate your insight.

Regards,

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is stack mode blending. Its a Adobe Photoshop feature that blends a smart object that is a stack of images.  If you are a Programmer and have developed an other method download Adobe SDK. You may be able code it as a Photoshop Plugin the could blend a smart object that is an image stack using some other way if you want good performance.

For if you opened the layer smart object into Photoshop and used Photoshop feature and tools to blend the image layers and save  the results to update the smart object layer rendered pixels with a Photoshop Action or Script the performance would not be good if it can be done with an Action or Script.

I know nothing about LR I do not use it. It does not support layers I know but can pass a list of image to Photoshop that Photoshop can stack..

Bridge pass list of file to Photoshop via Bridge talk scripting.  Again for good Performance it would need to be a compiled Photoshop Plugin.

Photoshop Stack Mode Blending is fast it not done via a script.  The Layers object is a stack of image layer the plug-in would need to blend that stack and replace the pixels Photoshop had rendered  for the smart object layer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJ,

Thanks for getting back.

I made a quick try at an action and my results look good so will use that to build jsx file to handle the looping necessary.  Speed of me developing and of script will be proportional to what my pay. 

Thanks again.

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines