• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop icon in dock missing.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded a backup of my previous computer onto my new macbook and now the photoshop icon is missing in the dock, and instead shows the icon in the screenshot below. I use photoshop Creative Cloud 2017, I have uninstalled and installed, and I have restarted. Anyone know what the issue is/ how to fix?

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 1.21.28 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the icon by dragging it out of the dock. It should go "poof".

Start Photoshop and see if the PS icon returns. If so, ctrl or right click on it and select "keep in dock".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice! Still the same weird icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you loaded a backup did you reinstall photoshop or just copy the backup? You may need to do a proper reinstall of the applications. Does it start correctly from the Applications folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed my backup from time machine. When I noticed the issue, I uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled- same problem. It starts correctly from the applications folder, and the photoshop icon is there. Just when I open it, or keep it in the dock the icon appears as shown in the screenshot above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the icon in the Applications folder show as it should?

I had a similar problem a while ago, and came across this article. It may be of some help.

Fix your Mac showing generic icons for files | MacIssues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines