• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in verson 9.10 for full compatibility

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error message every time I open Photoshop from Lightroom after the recent updates of Lightroom(2015.10), Photoshop(2017.1.0), and Camera Raw(9.10.1.739).

Adobe Creative Cloud recognizes Camera Raw as up to date, but lightroom apparently does not.

I used the .zip file download for Camera raw to install it again, but I continue to get this error.

I have rebooted a couple of times, and still no change.

Anyone else see this issue, and know how to resolve it? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

MomaZunk  wrote

When will this be fixed....

It will be fixed when Adobe releases an update. In the meantime, you will have to deal with it just like the rest of us. Somebody made a mistake. The Camera Raw verification logic wasn't updated in the last release. It's unfortunate. But everything still works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read here: Camera Raw 9.10

... just a few post down the list,  from this morning ...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update Camera Raw to version 9.10 manually

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed via update, and reinstalled manually, with no different effect.  Both programs show proper versions.  Still get the same compatibility message, but all works fine if you ignore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those helpful souls suggesting I update Camera Raw 9.10 manually...I have already updated to 9.10 both automatically and manually via the .zip download. The Camera Raw in Photoshop shows as updated. Lightroom is not recognizing it. Is there another secret step that was not mentioned in this page?

When opening a single file, the option to "Open Anyway" ,and ignore message in the future check box is available. I do not get teh message now for single files.

This ignore message box is not available when opening 2 or more files as layers. So the message is displayed every time I send layers to Photoshop. It adds time to my workflow, and time is money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MomaZunk  wrote

It will be fixed when Adobe releases an update. In the meantime, you will have to deal with it just like the rest of us. Somebody made a mistake. The Camera Raw verification logic wasn't updated in the last release. It's unfortunate. But everything still works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything does not work just fine. As an example, Photoshop HDR from LR does not work at all. PS is also having internal problems with ACR. Last line is a bit flippant and inaccurate, but I appreciate the general information none the less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merge to HDR in Photoshop from Lightroom DOES work on my Windows 10 computer. I'm not being flippant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  It does NOT work if you ignore the message.  I can create an unedited RAW file and then export back into lightroom but the ACR function is more or less dead with this update.  I've tried all the workarounds above.

Perhaps for some users, they can just ignore and live with it but for me, it's killed my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "It does NOT work if you ignore the message."

I am pretty sure it will not work if you ignore the message.

However it should if you select Open Anyway, see the screen capture.

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 8.50.57 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same message- Merge to HDR in Photoshop from Lightroom DOES NOT work on my Windows 10 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an up to date Mac (10.12.4) with current CC versions of LR, PS and ACR. Merge to PS HDR Pro can proceed via "Open Anyway" up to a point. When you then select "Tone in ACR" the merge proceeds and a message pop-up displays

The command "Camera Raw Filter" is not available

When you select OK you have a 32 bit HDR file that can not be imported back into LR. I am no longer much of a fan of Photomatix Pro but that is the only tool I have that can use to proceed with the tone mapping.

I am also having other issues with ACR in PS. It is terribly broken and very limiting on what we can do with our tools.

I am a retired software engineer. If we had ever let a bug out the door like this we would have been all over it. Yes it takes time to validate a fix, but not this long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continued (because maybe someone will find this workaround helpful): The ACR Filter in PS is not available to process the 32 bit HDR file. If you go to 16 bit mode you can then use the ACR Filter to complete your processing, but without as much data, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brettfrommaine  wrote

When you select OK you have a 32 bit HDR file that can not be imported back into LR. I am no longer much of a fan of Photomatix Pro but that is the only tool I have that can use to proceed with the tone mapping.

I

This has been a problem in Photoshop and Lightroom since long before this release. You can avoid this particular issue by setting the preferences in Lightroom to edit in Photoshop as a TIFF file (not PSD). When Photoshop returns a 32 bit TIFF file instead of a PSD, you will be able to import successfully back to Lightroom.

Here's a video showing what I mean:

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reference to your comment:

You can avoid this particular issue by setting the preferences in Lightroom to edit in Photoshop as a TIFF file (not PSD).

I am using TIFF format and have been for a while. I noticed something else in the video though, and that is the check box for tone mapping in ACR. I will have to assure that it is unchecked based on the video. I suspect that may be my issue with the round-trip processing. Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I have LR CC 2015.10 set on external editor with TIFF and the bug persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with TIFF and the bug persists.

Yes, If you open the TIFF with "Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments"  you will see the 'bug' dialog-  Just select [Open Anyway]

If you open the TIFF with "Edit Original" the warning dialog does not appear.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have same problem anoying updated now cant use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use it. Just click "Open Anyway".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course my Mac freezes when I try to use Nik plug-ins and I must force quit to get out of it. Thank you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has to be an unrelated problem that is apparently unique to your computer. I use the Nik plug-ins on my Windows 10 computer with Lightroom CC 2015.10, and haven't had any difficulties using the plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response but the simultaneous appearance the the "This version of Lightroom may require..." message and the problems with Nik suggests to me that they are both connected to the update. I will call the helpline at some point and work on it. Prior to the update my Nik filters worked well. This issue may be specific to Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reinstalling the plug-ins? The Nik plug-ins have nothing to do with Camera Raw. The only thing that seems to make it related to raw images is that the plug-ins cannot process raw image data, and therefore the image must be converted the first time you choose to use one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are complete and utter morons who screw up every release.  And on top of it refuse to address the overall dog slowness of the program and the horrendous rendering engine on high res screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines