• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't recognize Camera Raw v9.10

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit photos in version of LR 2015.10 (current per Creative cloud) and then select to finish the editing in Photoshop 2017.1, I continue to get an error warning the states "This version of Lightroom may require the Camera Raw plug-in version 9.10 for full compatability".  Yet when I open the "About Photoshop Lightroom CC" tab under help, it specifies that my LR is version 2015.10 and Camera Raw IS version 9.10.  Further, when I open "Camera Raw" via the "About Plug-ins" tab in Photoshop, it indicates that my PS has Camera Raw v9.10.0.739.  I cannot understand why I continue to get this warning.  Can anyone help?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an error that was introduced in the latest update in Lightroom. It is only an error in the version comparison logic. It has been confirmed by Adobe. The solution for now is to check the option to don't show again and then click on the button to open anyway. Lightroom and Photoshop will function as they should. The problem will be resolved in the next update. I have used the feature without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, don't do that!

I have to chose "render with Lightroom" because if I chose "open anyway" the file gets fuKced up in photoshop like wrong aspect ratio etc...

Rendering with LR is not best solution, but at least I can edit my pictures.

Installing CR9.3 from website didn't fix problem.

We need update asap! Not waiting a month for fixing things you fuKced up with updates... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting. That is the first time I have heard that problem reported. Oh wait! That was brought up the other day, but it isn't unique to Camera Raw 9.10. It is a problem when working with non-raw images. It will cause you to lose the original crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim:

I had actually been doing as you suggested and had not noticed any problems when rendering in Photoshop. I knew about the “don’t show anyway” option, but just wanted to clarify that the issue was known to Adobe.

Thanks all

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, what are you referring to when you say, "it will cause you to lose the original crop"? (it what?)

And are you backing off from your suggestion to take the "open anyway" option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not really. I'm saying that you will have to decide. There was a discussion last night, I believe. Someone who has a lot more experience with Camera Raw then I have pointed out that if working with non-raw images (i.e. JPEG or TIF images) and they have been cropped, opening them in Camera Raw will cause them to revert to their original aspect ratio. The reason I have not encountered this is because I very seldom use JPEG or TIF images first and then go to Camera Raw. I have read comments on this forum as well as others who report that following the procedure I have recommended has worked for them. It is what I have been recommending. If it doesn't work for you then you will have to make another choice. It's unfortunate that this was overlooked, but it was. We'll just have to deal with it until the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense.  I have been editing RAW images.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as my personal workflow is concerned, I have done as I have recommended and have encountered no problems. I have read reports from others who have confirmed that as well. I have also read reports from others who have said that photo merge and HDR merge no longer work. I have done both without a hitch. I have even done a photo merge with 24 images on three tiers with no problems. So I suppose the best solution is to find the one that works best for each individual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines