• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRcc 2015.10: corrupt images/color glitches

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open LRcc my some of my photos seem corrupt or have strange color glitches. When I export to JPEG, the issue is the same. However when I open the same file directly in photoshop or LR 5, there is no issue and the file is normal. What is going on?

Schermafbeelding 2017-04-22 om 07.55.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Have you tried to deactivate the GPU support?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

The other thing can be that the preview cache is corrupt. Try to delete and rebuild the cache.

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to deactivate the GPU support?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

The other thing can be that the preview cache is corrupt. Try to delete and rebuild the cache.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both. The GPU did not make a difference.

I deleted the previews and the photos that were displayed wrong, now appeared normal, but the glitches appeared in other pictures. It also appears to be rather random, with sometimes the photos displaying normal at reopening of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a problem with the graphic card or driver. Do you have installed the latest patches and updates of you drivers and operating system?

If you use the newest graphic driver please try to install one of an older version. Sometimes the newest drivers are buggy.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photo file is corrupted. The corruption is caused by hardware failure/malfunction somewhere. It could be the camera card, transfer hardware, hard disk, or computer memory. You need to try to import the photo again using different hardware to see if you can isolate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paige the file may not be corrupted at all.....

It may simply be faulty RAM causing an incorrect interpretation and display.

OP check your RAM using software..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair point, I did say the computer memory could be the problem, but it still boils down to hardware malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

Fair point, I did say the computer memory could be the problem, but it still boils down to hardware malfunction.

But you did open with "This photo file is corrupted"......

Moving right along.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a complete update of my system and no change.

I do not believe it is a hardware problem is LR5 displays and opens the same file without an issue, LRcc does not! So why would it be hardware related then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pieto95166668  wrote

I do not believe it is a hardware problem is LR5 displays and opens the same file without an issue, LRcc does not! So why would it be hardware related then?

LR 6 and CC use the display driver differently than LR 5 because they support GPU acceleration. There are "differences" in the way LR 5 & 6/CC output the image preview to the display even when 'Use Graphics Processor' is unchecked. The most likely cause is an incompatible display driver. 'Update your graphics card driver' as outlined here: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

If that doesn't resolve the issue please tell us the exact OS, LR, and graphics driver version you are using and the graphics adapter model. As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for helping with this problem.

I have a Macbook pro (Sierra 10.12.4) that runs the following graphics card:

GPU-info:

Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: Intel Inc.

Version: 4.1 INTEL-10.24.45

Renderer: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100

LanguageVersion: 4.10

I haven't found any issues with this card and lightroom cc on the internet.

Probably it is something with the card, but it is the first time in 2 years it is having issues. It looks a lot like this issue: Image previews and thumbnails look tiled or broken on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just re-read your original post:

"When I open LRcc my some of my photos seem corrupt or have strange color glitches. When I export to JPEG, the issue is the same. However when I open the same file directly in photoshop or LR 5, there is no issue and the file is normal."

The GPU and graphics driver are not used by the Export module. This would indicate a basic problem with the LR CC 2015.10 installation or a corrupted file. I suggest uninstalling LR using the CC Application Manager, reboot the system, and then click on 'Install' as shown below.

If that doesn't resolve the issue I suggest uploading one of the files with this issue to Dropbox or other file sharing site for further investigation. Place the share link in a reply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines