Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

10-Bit output from AE and PPro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to buy a 10-bit monitor. (I have a Quadro M2000 for 10-bit output) After some research I get confused. If I place composition panel (or program monitor panel in PPRO) on 10-bit monitor, I will see 10-bit output? (My footage also are 10-bit!) Or I must have a I/O card (like Decklink) and use Mercury Transmit to get 10-bit picture?

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

I just asked Steve. Yes, the same is true for After Effects. All you need is the I/O box or card.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to use an I/O card to use Mercury Transmit. I use it with my regular GPUs to send an image to one of my normal HD monitors.

That said, I haven't tried it with 10-bit. You might need to contact Adobe support to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morteza Fathollahi,

Did you ever get an answer to this question? Let me know, I'll try and find out for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin-Monahan​

Stevehoeg in Premiere Pro forum gave me this answer:

10-Bit output from AE and PPro

Is this also correct for AE?

And another question: I contact to Blackmagic and they said Decklink is GPU-independent. But also told me ask from Adobe to sure PPro and AE need Quadro card beside Decklink for 10-bit output or not. So can I have 10-bit output from GTX+Decklink?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just asked Steve. Yes, the same is true for After Effects. All you need is the I/O box or card.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pleasure. Thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines