Copied

Hi all I hope someone can help me...

I have a PC with the following spec:

i7 3.5 GHz

16GB DDR3

3 X 1 TB Hitachi 7200RPM Sata drives

nVidia GTX 550 Ti

Windows 7 64bit

I should start by saying that due to a major crash the system's software has been completely re-installed, and prior to this everything was working perfectly.

When I am working in PE10 no video preview is shown unless I click within the box - this then generates a still image of the clip but no moving picture.

The audio is playing perfectly.

The video (I have tried multiple different clips) plays fine outside of PE10, and even plays perfectly using the Organiser.

If you click and drag the timeline curser the image updates, but only if you have previously clicked inside the preview box!

I have done the following:

Checked all drivers are up-to-date with the latest versions (not Beta versions).

QuickTime is installed and up-to-date.

Uninstalled and Re-Installed Adobe Premier Elements 10.

Run the program as administrator with Anti-Virus disabled.

I have tried just about every available combination of settings within PE10's Playback Settings menu!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you updated all drivers, you mean that you went to the nVidia web site and downloaded the latest driver from it, right? You didn't just trust Windows to update the driver. How did you check that all drivers were up to date?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from? What file format is this video and what resolution? Do you have Quicktime 7 installed? It provided components necessary for Premiere Elements 10 to edit certain video formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Yes drivers downloaded direct from nVidia and latest update applied this morning.

The rest of the drivers (chipset etc) installed from disk and then updated.

I have also run Intel Driver Update Utility and everything is up to date.

Camcorder is a Sony HDR-CX730E.  Format is .m2ts and the resolution is 1920x1080.

Yes Quicktime 7 is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may also be worth mentioning that we have just installed a trial of Adobe Premier Elements 15, and playback is working fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no reason that version 10 shouldn't work -- but it is a pretty old program, and you'll find a number of advantages to upgrading to a newer version.

That said, try one more thing with version 10.

In your Folder Options, enable Show All Files, then go to C:ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0 and delete the BadDriver.txt file. (It may also be in C: ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements.) Then restart the program.

If that doesn't do it, I'm not sure what's up. But I'm glad to upgrading to version 11 or later will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines