• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Prepress Workers: Mixed Color & Crop Marks - Handling [Registration] black

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital prepress workers! I'm looking for you!

Forward - I do know I can convert color per page in Acrobat, this is not efficient. Neither is the CropMarks script or master pages due to the diversity of projects. I'm looking for efficiency as equal to the native offset and frankly, I have to figure this out again for Acrobat itself. I did look into a script called "Rhimposition" but it is not well suited to american workflow and it doesnt seem updated for the newest CC

If you're not a digital prepress worker, this isn't a slight against offset, it's just that digital print now represents nearly if not over 50% of the market. Yet, digital process prepress workers are still made to do workflow efficiency killing workarounds so the Adobe can continue to preference offset print workflows. Primarily, by not offering digital process workers an option either in "Preferences" for ID wide, or at least in "New Document" dialogs or the "Marks and Bleeds" dialogs in Print or Export windows, for per project optional 100% K over [Registration] black on printer marks or most importantly crop marks.

My hope is that other digital prepress workers have perhaps a post output PDF workflow, Adobe internal sub file editing maybe, a post output the conversion of (specifically) [Registration] black to 100% K that minimizes this necessity to at least as few as steps as possible or, I hope, to as little steps at the offset workflow people get. Please post them here if you have them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I have officially requested this feature, but lets face it, thousands have and nothing has come of it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this in the preflights in Acrobat DC Pro. Know I will have to put every document out to PDF instead of printing directly to the RIP. It does not appear to work on crop marks for some reason in Acrobat XI Pro. However, I can confirm it does work correctly in Acrobat DC Pro. It's the best I think I might find, which is silly and still a lot of unnecessarily lost click cycles.

Screen+Shot+2015-04-20+at+14.28.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can speed up the process in Acrobat Pro by creating a Preflight Droplet. Then you can drop PDF files onto the droplet and have them batch applied and moved to an output folder. Refer to Acrobat Help or ask in the Acrobat forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this can be embedded into an action, I'm going to look into this right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I make this happen on PDF output from InDesign? Is there a scripting portion or something to that process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it can only be accomplished in Acrobat Pro as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble finding a method to create hot folders or droplets in Acrobat Pro DC in Windows. Can anyone walk me through this? I use actions all the time, but a hot folder would really make things easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, droplets will only work in the context of Preflight profies in Acrobat Pro. You might want to ask for help in the Acrobat forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines