• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are sizes are not printing correctly in InDesign?

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the upgraded version of 2017 a few days ago, my sizes are not printing correctly, except for letterhead size. I'm using Mac Sierra 10.12.4. I have an Epson 2200. I reloaded the driver, however it is the same one I was using when it printed correctly. On Super B -- 13 x 19", tabloid -- 11 x 17" and 12 x 18" paper my copy cuts off halfway and sometimes prints the wrong orientation.  Help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Hi Derek, Found the mother of all cures... turned my computer & printer off and then on again. Now the size is printing fine from InDesign. Thanks for your time.

I still am not pleased with the new print settings window in the updated InDesign. It doesn't make it easier for me, but maybe it will for others. I will learn to work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making a PDF file and print the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is better but the margins are not correct. Also, this is a workaround. Why can't I print from InDesign like I could before the update? I can't save my custom size. And no, it just printed wrong again as a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's generally recommended to print from a PDF using the Acrobat PDF Presets and selecting (for a desktop inkjet printer) High Quality Print. For commercial litho printer (unless your printer has given you a spec) select PDF/X-4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, I've been printing straight from InDesign for years. However, do you have another idea as the size is not working as a pdf either? It's a 12 x 18 that I'm printing as a landscape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening after the update from a couple of days ago where the print dialogue box has been set up with premade templates. Where are the preset sizes in that window? I keep having to recreate this custom size, which is not even a custom size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not even addressed online. I'm going through so much paper and ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek, Found the mother of all cures... turned my computer & printer off and then on again. Now the size is printing fine from InDesign. Thanks for your time.

I still am not pleased with the new print settings window in the updated InDesign. It doesn't make it easier for me, but maybe it will for others. I will learn to work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the right size of the print settings box in Acrobat, it says Document: 18.0 x 12.0in, which is correct. However, just above the thumbnail below it says 19.01 x 12.95 inches. And it just printed completely incorrectly again, leaving a 5 inch margin on the left side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines