• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Blending Without Changing Speed Or Framerate

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a source video that is 30 fps. I would like to keep my output at the same speed and maintain 30 fps. But, I would like to have each frame in the result be a combination (frame mix) of 10 frames from the source. By combination I mean blending/frame mix 10 frames to form a single image.

Here is a diagram of what I am saying with the resulting frame being a fame mix of 3 source frames. Note that there would be basically the same number of source and destination frames given I was performing this operation of 100+ frames.

Untitled Diagram.png

The goal is to achieve an effect similar to what is called Persistence of Vision. This effect would be useful for one of those Persistence of Vision clocks, or for shots of old CRT monitors.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

That's what effects like Echo or CC Wide Time do (as well as any other temporall accumulation/ Feedback effects you might find in third-party plug-in suites). You will quite likely just need to spend a good bit of time tweaking stuff and blending different accumulations together based on pre-comps to get the desired look.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what effects like Echo or CC Wide Time do (as well as any other temporall accumulation/ Feedback effects you might find in third-party plug-in suites). You will quite likely just need to spend a good bit of time tweaking stuff and blending different accumulations together based on pre-comps to get the desired look.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, both of those effects seem to do exactly what I want. I will not resort to 3rd party.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much to both! I did't know how to ask google for this and after so many attempts I got to here and solve the problem. CC Wide Time does exactlywhat i was looking for: to manipulate frame blending without changing speed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines