• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set rest pose on frontal view?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just added the right side views to my puppet and the app automatically chose the right quarter view as my rest pose. Is there a way to change my rest pose to the frontal view?

[Moved from non-technical Lounge to Character Animator​.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Actually my rest pose was set on the right quarter because I didn't have all the views made out yet.

Once I placed all the views it was straighten out. Thought maybe there's a way to manually set the rest pose to one of the chosen views.

Any way I wanted to close this question and marked it as "assumed answered" (didn't quite work...). So I'm gonna try to achieve that now

Thanks everyone or trying to help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the non-technical Lounge — for well, lounging.

Which Adobe product are you using? I can move your question to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be Fuse perhaps?

Jane, did you go to Paul Trani's 'Top Ten Photoshop Tips and Time Savers'?  He covered Fuse towards the end of the hour long session, including what appeared to be a deliberate mistake right at the end (1:12).

Adobe MAX Online 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds more like Character Animator to me.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Would it be Fuse perhaps?

Jane, did you go to Paul Trani's 'Top Ten Photoshop Tips and Time Savers'?  He covered Fuse towards the end of the hour long session, including what appeared to be a deliberate mistake right at the end (1:12).

Adobe MAX Online 2016

No, I didn't go to that session, Trevor. But I did watch the last two minutes of one of Paul's sessions online and laughed hysterically! Is that the same one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by "rest pose" you mean the way the puppet looks when it's first put in a scene, then it depends on the puppet layout in Ps or Ai. Can you show us what you have?

Or you can look at this sample

Head.png

AnatK1  wrote

Hi, just added the right side views to my puppet and the app automatically chose the right quarter view as my rest pose. Is there a way to change my rest pose to the frontal view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually my rest pose was set on the right quarter because I didn't have all the views made out yet.

Once I placed all the views it was straighten out. Thought maybe there's a way to manually set the rest pose to one of the chosen views.

Any way I wanted to close this question and marked it as "assumed answered" (didn't quite work...). So I'm gonna try to achieve that now

Thanks everyone or trying to help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines