• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do me widget compositions right justify?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha.

If I put a composition widget in a text box and center justify and preview it, it always shifts to the right side of the page. If I left justify the composition widget, it justifies left. If I insert an center justified tabbed widget, it stays in the center of the page.There's no pinning of the composition elements and pinning composition elements in the center does not seem to help (the composition still shifts right). If the compositon widget is not in a text box and in the center of the stage, it remains in the center. I am using the MUSE page defaults and fluid widths. Can anyone can tell me why my widget compositions want to be at the right side of the page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

You are right: If you place a composition inline into a text container and center it using the normal text justification icons, the composition is centered in layout mode, but "jumps" to the right, when previewed in browser.

This seem to be a (minor) glitch – at least for me, because

1. I can’t see any need for such a construction, and
  2. Compositions aren’t responsive yet, so they keep their width, when browser window, and in consequence the text container, is scaled. And: Not even responsive elements l

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

audiec41257279  wrote

Aloha.

If I put a composition widget in a text box and center justify and preview it, it always shifts to the right side of the page.

[snip]

Can anyone can tell me why my widget compositions want to be at the right side of the page?

because when you place a widget (or anything for that matter) inside a text box it becomes text in code terms and uses the same rules i.e, word wrap has to be adjusted.

this may help you understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply but your answer does not seem to be correct. The widget is on its own line of text between other lines of text so there's no text to wrap around and if "anything for that matter" requires wrap why does substitution for the composition of a tabbed widget, or picture, or everything else for that matter correctly center justify? In other words, I can replace the composition widget with a tabbed widget and the tabbed widget is in the page center. In fact, the composition widget extends well outside the text box if I make the composition the same width as the text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right: If you place a composition inline into a text container and center it using the normal text justification icons, the composition is centered in layout mode, but "jumps" to the right, when previewed in browser.

This seem to be a (minor) glitch – at least for me, because

1. I can’t see any need for such a construction, and
  2. Compositions aren’t responsive yet, so they keep their width, when browser window, and in consequence the text container, is scaled. And: Not even responsive elements like images or rectangle are scaling, when used as inline elements: As soon, as the text container reaches the width of these elements, they react "left aligned".

Nevertheless, I reported this inconsistency in the Prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very, very much. At least now I can quit banging my head against the wall. As far as application, I want to have a paragraph of text followed by a composition paragraph to illustrate the previous paragraph and give the viewer some control over what they are viewing while adding some animation with transitions. There's probably other ways to achieve this and now that I know I cannot do it with nested compositions, I'll figure our another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines