• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having an issue importing video files captured from a DJI Phantom 4 Pro camera...any suggestions on the correct preset?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to import video files captured from a DJI Phantom 4 drone via an micro SD card, keep getting an import file error.

Anyone using Premier Elements for video editing Drone video?

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the DJI site offers little in terms of specs. What is the file format, resolution and frame rate of your video?

Which version of Premiere Elements are you using on what operating system?

Have you copied the video from the SD card to your hard drive before you've imported it into a project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've left out too much information!   More is needed about the file type selected, the software version, card reader, how you are copying the files to your computer and the computer you are using.  Can you share a clip on DropBox or something?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

I’ve attached the camera specs. I downloaded Premier Elements 15 from Amazon and am running on a Windows 10 PC with an Intel i7 processor. I downloaded from a 64GB micro sd card using a USB 3.0 card reader. I have tried both importing directly from the sd card as well as from a folder I created on the hard drive. Same result. I receive one of two messages: “add media failure: The importer reported a generic error” and also another error “the required codec is not installed.”

Thanks much for any help you can provide.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the video specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see attached PDF camera specs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Theres no file attached. Are you replying via email? In order to attach an image or file, you'll have to open the post in the Adobe forums in your browser and reply from there (the link in your email says, "View the full discussion."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but how do I reply in the post…I’ve opened the post and see the thread of message, but i don’t see how to reply and attach a PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomj0317  wrote

Sorry, but how do I reply in the post…I’ve opened the post and see the thread of message, but i don’t see how to reply and attach a PDF

There is a little picture icon in the menu bar of this software.  It walks you through the steps.  I think you have to be on a computer in a browser like Edge or Chrome.  .pdfs are not allowed.  Typically people use .jpgs.  

Could you put your clip on a share site like dropbox?  I would like to try editing it to see if it is compatible.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found some DJI Mavik footage on DropBox, downloaded and created a Premier Elements 15 project.  There were no issues.  I'm still looking for Phantom 4 footage but not yet found any.  I suspect DJI would not have much, if any, differences in their file specifications between models.

DJI Mavic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43w0cs8sh35j7xk/DJI_0007.MP4?dl=1

On later edit, I found some from the Phantom 4 Pro:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q68fzhi513wc97b/DJI_0023.MOV?dl=1

The Mavic footage is 4Kp30 and the Phantom 4 Pro footage is 4Kp60.  4Kp60 is pushing the limits of what is currently available in consumer cameras.  However, it worked well in my copy of Premier Elements 15.  The only exception was that the project displayed a preview render bar, so there may not be a precisely correct project preset.  However, the preview render went smoothly.  Output choices displayed a 4Kp60 option.   Output rendering is not fast, but it works.

More on even later edit....  It works.  Premier Elements 15 can edit DJI files.  The output file was appropriately sized with the right frame rate.  I know of nothing about my computer that suggests it is any different from any other i7, Windows 10 configuration regarding codecs.  But, I know at least one such computer can handle DJI footage.  The question becomes what can be different about the OP's computer, the files he is getting from his DJI or the video setting in the DJI camera.

(FWIW, I've wanted to find out how DJI footage would work with my computer setup.  The Phantom 4 Pro is on my want list for image quality.  The Mavik is a little higher on my want list for its small size and portability.  Thanks Tom for the excuse to do a little research.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for checking this out. I just flew the Phantom and captured about 10 minutes

of video. Have downloaded and rendered...works fine...don't know what the issue was yesterday.

May be "operator error".

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomj0317  wrote

Have downloaded and rendered...works fine...don't know what the issue was yesterday.

Wonderful!  I think I want one of those machines!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and ADOBE is clueless about the cause. They say that the format isn't supported, but they're just wrong. It has something to do with the file size. I have 4 videos on my SD card on my phantom, and they are ALL SHOT IN THE EXACT SAME FORMAT. However, the files that are under 1 GB import gracefully, but the files that are over 1 GB do not. I receive an error that states "unsupported media" or "file may be corrupted." ADOBE and DJI have the art of dodging problems they do not understand down to a T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please put one of those bigger files on DropBox or other?  I ask because I have no trouble with MP4 4K video clips up to 4GB from a couple different cameras.  I'm pretty sure that the format of SD cards prevents files larger than 4GB and cameras will split long clips into 4GB pieces.  With a copy of your over 1 GB file I might be able to help figure it out. 

BTW, where does or who said the DJI format was not supported?

Good luck with your project and I hope I can help you figure it out how to make the large files work like they should. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://mullinisdnet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/atassin_mullinisd_net/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?g...

This is a link to the file that I'm having problems with, and the following is a link to a post I made about it with screenshots Premier Pro Import Error w/ DJI P4A Footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the link and it takes me to Microsoft Office 365 and demands a login.  I don't have an account.  Could you try Dropbox or some other file sharing site?

I also tried the second link and don't understand how it relates to Premiere Elements.   Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects are not at all related to Premier Elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines