Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colouring school timetable in edit pdf

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I wish to insert different colours in text boxes. How do I do it? Would appreciate your help.

Regards

Manoj

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really practical. If it's your own copy of the school timetable consider the highlighter Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to hilghlighten I want to fill the full box with different colours depending on parameter such as subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "text boxes", exactly? This can mean one of at least three different things in a PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You must have seen school and college timetables they have little boxes contain details like subject, tutor and room number. To distinguish the table I would like to colour code them by filling the boxes with light colours. Wonder how to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you want to achieve. My question was how are you setting it up? If you want to know what is the best way to achieve it, I would say by using form fields, especially text fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Key question: is this a timetable you are designing yourself, making in Acrobat and/or other apps; or is it the school's timetable that you've been given and want to make better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a school timetable That I have got as a pdf file that I want to colour code. Thanks for your patience 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, in that case I restate my original reply. I fully understand what you want to do, but it isn't something Acrobat is made for. It's a very basic editor indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what's the solution to what I wish to achieve? Export to word and then use word's fill in capability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one option, but I still think you can do it in Acrobat by adding form fields to it. You'll only need to do it once and then you'll be able to use and re-use it many times, assuming the layout doesn't change that often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is something you absolutely need to do, and there is no way to get a non-PDF file to perform this task, and exporting to Word does not give you the correct results, I would try to open the file in Adobe Illustrator, and then use it's fill function. This should be your last resort: Illustrator is not a PDF editor and it will in the process of editing destroy it's original features. It may not work at all, but again, this should really be the last thing you try. After you've done that, forget that Illustrator can open some PDF files, because it should never (NEVER!!!) be used to edit PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the tip Karl, I unfortunately don't have adobe illustrator. Each adobe product is so expensive to own. AS such I use the Adobe DC at work place. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Word thing might work but I wouldn't be hopeful that this is possible at all. This sort of thing should be done when it is designed, and what they've given you is pretty much a finished piece of paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines