• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android app rejected because of old OpenSSL

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Google Play Team rejected my apk for violating their Malicious Behavior or User Data policy. They imply that the included OpenSSL is old and the vulnerabilities were addressed in OpenSSL 1.0.2f/1.0.1r.

My apk was built with Flash CS6 on a PC, using embed Air 18.0.0.144 SDK.

What is the simplest method for me to solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

In an attempt to avoid messing with Java, I installed AIR 24.0.0.180 in Flash CS6 and my apk was created successfully.

I then uploaded it to Google Play and I immediately received an email of rejection for the same reasons.

However, that must have been a software glitch because 44 minutes later I received an email announcing that my app was live in the store. Go figure . . .

Many thanks to kglad and Colin Holgate for leading me to this solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you use OpenSSL to add your public key to your signing certificate?  if not:

the simplest is to update your air sdk (help>manage adobe air sdk), Find and download archived versions of Adobe AIR SDK

if you're using a self-signed p12 certificate you may need to create a new one, but i don't think that's the problem.  first create a new apk using the latest sdk and see if that's accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad.com . I'll try that. However, your link goes to a 404.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just click it and was linked to the correct page,

Screenshot - 4_22_2017 , 7_42_04 AM.png

http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also works for me now.

Do I choose Adobe AIR 25.0.0.134 Windows (10 MB)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you want the latest version but you want the sdk, not the runtime.  you'll extract that compressed file into a folder and then you'll navigate to that folder from flash to add that sdk so you can publish with it.

Screenshot - 4_22_2017 , 9_24_17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 25.0.0.134 sdk into Flash CS6 and publish gave the following error:

"Error creating files.  dx tool failed. Could not create the Java virtual machine."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have kasperky antivirus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have malwarebytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suspend your av and retry publishing.

if you see another jvm error, are you offered the option to edit jvm.ini in the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same error message with OK as the only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Common\First Run\ActionScript 3.0\jvm.ini in flash and change the line

-Xmx128m

to

-Xmx1024m

and save.  close flash cs6 and reopen and retry publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6 does not exist on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Common\First Run\ActionScript 3.0\jvm.ini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6 does not exist on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched and found jvm.ini in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2015.2\Common\First Run\ActionScript 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's Animate CC 2015.2 that you're using, and not Flash Pro CS6, then yes, that would be the right folder.

Make sure you quit Animate and open it again after changing the text to be -Xmx1024m in that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This project started some time ago in Flash CS6. I recently subscribed to CC. I ran into some problems trying to move the project to CC, and so I decided to finish it in CS6.

Animate's jvm.ini is:

-Djava.awt.headless=true

-Xmx256m

Under the circumstances, would changing it possibly solve my problem in CS6 or could it cause problems in Animate down the road?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that on Mac the matching folder is named Flash CS6, and not Adobe Flash CS6. Perhaps you have a folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash CS6\

If you do, that's where you would go to edit the file for CS6. Editing the one for Animate won't help CS6 at all, but it may help Animate enough that you could finish the project in Animate instead of CS6.

If you go into C:\Program Files\ and do a search for jvm.ini, any that are in any subfolder should show up in the list. Hopefully then you'll find the one that CS6 uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched my computer (PC Win7) to find jvm.ini in both:

C:\Users\Belna\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS6\en_US\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0

-Djava.awt.headless=true

-Xmx256m

and

E:\Creative Cloud\ Creative Cloud Files\Adobe Flash CS6\Common\First Run\ActionScript 3.0

-Djava.awt.headless=true

-Xmx128m

What do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change both of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. Seems like your drive has two partitions that can both have applications installed on them.

As kglad said, change both of them, and in both cases make it be -Xmx1024m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made both changes. Same error. Rebooted. Same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new app or an update to an existing app? If it's a new app, try making a new certificate. You do that in AIR for Android Settings, in the Deployment tab, by clicking on the Create button. When you are making a certificate you have a choice of Type, where you can use 1024-RSA or 2048-RSA.

A while ago Google started requiring 2048 bit, and if your project is old enough you may have made a 1024 bit one, which Google would then reject. With a new certificate that is 2048-RSA that would be one less thing for Google to reject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made a new certificate for 2048-RSA. Same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines