• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 not working after Sierra up-grade

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I up-graded from El Captain to Sierra about 3 weeks ago.  LR6.0 was working fine until today.  From what I have read on the forums I should up-grade to the latest LR version.  However, that is apparently done within LR Help.  I cannot get into the LR program.  The LR pretty picture appears and so does the little rainbow ball that keep on turning.  Is there a way to up-grade my LR6 from somewhere other than LR Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Hi Sean,

I found the right LR catalogue and relaunched that and everything looks like it did before.

Thanks so much,

Bunster 9

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bunster9,

Download it from this link: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean

Thanks for the reply.  My LR6.0 is stand alone.  Is the download link you sent for stand alone?  I don't want CC.

Thanks,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

The installer does both 6 and CC.

Sean

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

I have down loaded. However, it did not ask for my license number. The whole new program is there, but none of my photos. How do I transfer everything from LR6.0 to this new version.

Thank you for your help.

Bunster 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't ask because you've already entered it.

I suspect Lightroom hasn't seen your previous catalog-it really should have.

Not sure if you're Mac or PC, but look in Pictures/My Pictures for a Lightroom catalog file ending in .lrcat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

I am on Mac Book Pro. In Finder I double clicked on Lightroom Catalog.Irat. I also have a clear looking piece of paper to the left of Lightroom C..alog.iract.lock

When I go to import I see my folders and photos organized by year and month as I have had them. I had lots of collections and I do not see those. when I go out of import there is nothing and it says there is nothing in my catalogue.

Any ideas of what I might have done? You are very patient with a non-savvy user.

Thank you,

bunster9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

I looked in Lightroom under Finder. Now I looked under Pictures and I found this: 1) folder of Backups 2) Download Backups 3)Lightroom C… reviews. irate 4)Lightroom C…reviews. irate 5) Lightroom Catalogue.Irat 6) lightroom C…g.Ircat-journal 7) lightroom C..alog.Ircat.lock 8) folder Lightroom Settings 9) Temporary Import Data.db 10) Temporary I…ata.db-journal

Does this info help?

Bunster9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bunster9  wrote

Hi Sean,

I have down loaded.  However, it did not ask for my license number.  The whole new program is there,  but none of my photos.  How do I transfer everything from LR6.0 to this new version.

Thank you for your help.

Bunster 9

What you downloaded is an installer that installs the update to Lightroom. You should run the installer to update your Lightroom program. In one of your next messages you indicate that you have a lock file. That indicates that Lightroom has apparently shut down incorrectly and has left that file behind. Lightroom should find that file on startup and delete it. If that doesn't happen then you will have to go to the folder and delete it manually. After you run the installer Lightroom should start normally and open the catalog that you have been working on and you should find all of the work you have been doing in place. You should be able to continue uninterrupted. The reason you aren't asked for your serial number is a you have already installed the Lightroom program and enter the serial number. All you are doing is installing an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

I found the right LR catalogue and relaunched that and everything looks like it did before.

Thanks so much,

Bunster 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Sorry, I was off recording video for my channel..

Glad you found the correct  catalog! I can bet you're relieved!

Best,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So relieved. Only another photographer (even though amateur as I am, I use my photos for my fibre art) would breath a sigh of relief as I have.

Cheers,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines