• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from Lightroom 5 to 6 as standalone?

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have currently Lightroom 5 version: 5.7.1 [994254] and it is stand alone. Is it possible for me to upgrade to 6 also as a stand alone or do I have to buy a new version? I do not want the CC cloud version as we travel and do not have wifi for long periods.

I tried to buy it as stand alone and there is an option to upgrade but does not offer version 6 only up to version 5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course.

Go here: Software & Services

Scroll down to Lightroom and click on 'Buy' on the right side (DO NOT click on Lightroom on the left). You may have to select a different setting in the drop-down box at the top to see Lightroom.

Select the upgrade version and your language ... et voila.

To clarify: The CC and the Standalone version are both the same application and are installed locally. For the CC version, connection to the net is needed once every month only, to verify your subscription status.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/shop/buy-lightroom/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also could not find it on the website. They're sneaky. I ended up chatting online with a rep and they right away just sent me the link to Lightroom 6 as a standalone or upgrade. Just use the drop down menu to see the options

Adobe Checkout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately does not work for me

I would really have liked to use V6 having used 5.7.1 for 3 years

Clearly Adobe don't want to sell it to me

Clicking on Photoshop Lightroom 6 takes me to an empty page!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link provided above should get you there. Indicate that you want to purchase an upgrade, and the price will change. After you purchase Lightroom 6 make sure that you install the 6.14 update. That will be the final update to Lightroom 6. You should be prompted to install the update after you install the main program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my brother upgraded from LR 4 to LR 6 for free from within LR

I can't upgrade at all from my LR5

Stop buy standalone is $79.00 for an obsolete product seems high when he got it free

we both have Sony RX10iv  and needed Raw capability

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know where you got that information. The upgrade from Lightroom 4 to Lightroom 6 is never free. Updates within a version are free, but that upgrade is not free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Link goes nowhere.

Got on chat with an Adobe representative and they said there is no longer an upgrade from LR 5.7.1 to LR6.  She kept saying I could BUY LR6, and that it's no longer supported. 

I had the Adobe Photography subscription (LR and PS), but this version is either painfully slow (I even upgraded both my desktop and laptop computers), or didn't work at all b/c I was some place I didn't have access to the Internet, like say airplane.  Just give me LR6 upgrade and call it the end for us, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're mixing up some things.

Following this guide I still see LR6 upgrade as perpetual license available. However, I do not suggest to buy it because there will be no future updates at all for this version - it's 'dead end'.

If you have a subscription you can install the latest LR Classic CC (LR7.3). A lot work has been done for the speed of LR since LR7.

That it does not work with out internet is a misconception. All versions of LR (including LR6 perpetual !) need to check in with Adobe servers at least once a month to validate the license and in-between perfectly run without any internet access.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines