• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older Versions of LR, Can I trash?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR 5 but have been using LR since Adobe released LR2. I have LR2 and LR4 on my mac that I'd like to trash as I'm trying to clean up my HD. If I do this and need to access old RAW's that were edited using LR2 or LR4 catalogues will LR suggest I upgrade the catalogue? I don't want to be locked out of being able to access those images if I ever needed to. I've had similar problems with this before and I'm nervous about trashing. I keep separate LR catalogues for each event I photograph. These are all on portable HD's. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

If you open an older catalog, Lightroom will upgrade it. To be more precise, it'll upgrade a copy of the catalog, so you still have the original. All the processing from previous versions of Lightroom are available in the current version. The decision to remove the apps is entirely up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open an older catalog, Lightroom will upgrade it. To be more precise, it'll upgrade a copy of the catalog, so you still have the original. All the processing from previous versions of Lightroom are available in the current version. The decision to remove the apps is entirely up to you.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sean, that's helpfully explained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines