• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lenscorrection gone for Pentax lenses?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since upgrading to 2015.10 the Pentax brand has disappeared form the selection list

I get a brands that includes some brands I have never heard of, but no Pentax

This was available in the previous version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Is this a JPEG or a Raw file?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any Pentax files to test with, but is it possible that these have switched to built in profiles? As per this article?

Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

If not it may be a bug.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but alas no, as you can see from the screenshot below.

I tried files produced by various lenses. All Original Pentax ones.
And it did work as expected before the update to 2015.10Schermafdruk 2017-04-24 13.56.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll only see the Built-in message when the profile is not ticked.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not here

Schermafdruk 2017-04-24 16.25.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a JPEG or a Raw file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed ....
I recently stopped loading the RAW files because the Pentax K-1 is so good in producing JPEG files that the detour via RAW is only rarely necesary. I have 2 SD slots, so I can write both and use the RAW files in special cases.

which triggers an additional question: why is this function only available for RAW files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a rule they generally only make profiles for Raw files.

If you go down into the internal lens profiles, it's possible to copy the profile and edit the bits that read CameraRawProfile=True to CameraRawProfile=False

Save it and add JPEG to the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. Profiles for my Pentax lenses used to be available until quite recently. Now they are gone. These are DNG files. Why were the Pentax profiles removed? Something changed in one of the LR updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines