Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Individual Sprite Size

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I want to use Animate CC to create animations in my 2D game so to create sprite sheets. However, I couldnt find a way to set sizes of individual sprites in a sprite sheet (not the size of whole sprite sheet).

Since I want to slice my sprite sheet as 256x256 in Unity, I need to set sizes of each individual sprites as 256x256 in my sprite sheet.  Everytime I generate a sprite sheet, Animate CC sets random pixel sizes (let's say 210x250) for each individual sprites and this is what I am trying to set, I am trying to make these sizes 256x256 so I can easily slice them in Unity.

Does anyone know how to do this in Animate CC.

I've tried to use Guide Lines but did not work. My next plan is to put little dots to four corner of the canvas so I can push Animate CC to generate each individual sprite in the canvas size but this sounds weird..

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

create a 256x256 rectangle with alpha of 0 over (or behind) your animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a 256x256 rectangle with alpha of 0 over (or behind) your animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. i've not used unity but doesn't it allow the use of json or something else to specify sprite data so you don't have to manually 'slice' your spritesheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

don't forget to adjust your trim and padding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines