• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews and thumbnails not showing up? Can I trash preview folder without loosing adjustments?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to bring my Apple tower in for repair.  Lightroom catalogs and images are on an external Drobo.  I used my laptop to work on the catalogs until my tower was fixed. The tower had a fresh instal of OS.  I had them transfer the home folder from the laptop direct onto the tower to keep all my changes.  Now when I open some of catalogs everything loads normal except I can't see any thumbnails and if I double click on an image the box opens big but no image.

The images are there and the catalog knows where they are.  I checked permissions on some of the Lightroom catalogs and fixed the permissions.  No change.

I plugged my laptop back into the drobo and all is fine.

I tried rebuilding the previews and it looks like it does rebuild them but no show??

I think i should maybe trash the previews folder and rebuild it from scratch.  I don't want to l lose my adjustments or ratings.

Can someone please help?

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Previews folder can be trashed only if all the originals are properly linked in the catalog and none of the images are missing. I would not recommend you to delete previews unless the problem is verified, See this article How to Fix Blank Images in Lightroom  and

ensure you are not facing a similar issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines