• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get a 'media pending' message

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project with version 15 on my Dell desktop.  Someone else edited the project on his MacBook Pro also with Premier Elements version 15.  Now when I try to open the project this is what I get.  The media never renders.  This has happened with all the projects edited on the Mac.  The project do not have more than 3 minutes of video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiers Elements is not a multiuser program.   And, there are differences between the Apple and Windows versions.  

I don't think that there was ever an intent to make them cross compatible.   On top of that, there are a lot of preview and cache files generated in the process of editing a project.  It would not be easy to figure out how make those work in a shared environment even if you tried to make it multiuser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have figured out how to solve it.  The images were not loading.  By going into Expert mode and viewing the Project Assets, we can see the assets that have not loaded.  Clicking on the Asset, then makes it load and all is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines