• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I having to install plugins to make my Photoshop without CC work?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HATE CC, so I use earlier versions on Photoshop, which worked fine to layer images from Lightroom. Now all of a sudden I need a plugin to make this work. LOOK, stop breaking what works fine! No one wants your spamware!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you did not mention which plugin you supposedly need or which OS and hardware you use.

If you decide to use obsolete software changing any element of a working set-up can cause problems and it is up to you to make sure you can roll back any updates etc. if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC is making Adobe money by allowing them to Mine (the same thing hackers do, but you click the tick box that say's you agree with the terms of service, and thus give them full access to your personal information) for profit. They if you don't want them to mine your personal information you have to use an earlier version, which was purposely made difficult to find, so that people often give up and just install CC anyway. You should be made aware that the reason your PC runs like crap after you install CC can be fully explained if you open your task manager and look at the 14 highly intensive parts of software that will then take over your PC and run in the background. Please be advised that they also turn your PC into a Server for their use at that time. The truth is that CC is little more than a legal method of hacking your personal information, it isn't actually giving you anything that you couldn't have done with the old combinations of Lightroom and Photoshop together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kennethh4213295  wrote

..........., and thus give them full access to your personal information)............................ Please be advised that they also turn your PC into a Server for their use at that time...........................CC is hacking your personal information..................................

But what is they really _are_ out to get you?!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you really like you Alien Skin plugins Trevor I think Kenneth is actually a Roswell alien living on a flying saucer at Area 51. Donald Trump employed him  to personally count the number extra-terrestrials at his inauguration and there were hundreds of millions of them all with Creative Cloud subscriptions and t-shirts saying Make Mars Great Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

you really like you Alien Skin plugins Trevor  

I paid $99 for it a few years ago, and consider it the best plug-in bargain I've ever bought.  I wish there were more similar plug-ins available for a similar price.  Auto FX have some good products, but are too expensive.   Is LucisArt Pro even available nowadays?  I believe it cost nearly $600 at one stage — probably when the rumour mill said that it was how Dave Hill got his 'Look', but I heard Dave interviewed on the StudioNet podcast a few years ago, and he says not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenneth

I suggest you go back to using a abacus.

If you are that paranoid about Adobe; you should absolutely be coming unglued about what Apple and Microsoft are doing.

And don't forget the NSA and the Russians ..........

Be careful making such statements on this forum with out supported facts.

Your opinion is always welcome, just be careful about crossing the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quite right. I casually looked at a website for a new TV and now on virtually every web page I look at an ad is there telling me how I can get it on Amazon or some other company and when you don't buy they start offering discounts. They know where I live to within a mile or two and even target ads at me based on previous purchases-now that's intrusive and it's Microsoft and it's Windows 10 collecting all that information not Adobe. To be quite honest I don't mind that happening as it's harmless and occasionally of use, but let's not be fooled these companies make a fortune through targeted advertising and profiling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright, so why between Windows 10, Nvidia, and CC am I using 32 gigs of ram steadily, and why are there 16 total backend Adobe processes running at one time when I don't even have Lightroom and Photoshop active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love how you try to make everyone look bad when your crapware is in fact taking data directly off my pc and sending it somewhere, and I can prove that if you like since I can get some of the source code for parts of the software you say aren't doing it and post them here for everyone to review. Is that what you would like to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love how you try to make everyone look bad when your crapware is in fact taking data directly off my pc and sending it somewhere, and I can prove that if you like since I can get some of the source code for parts of the software you say aren't doing it and post them here for everyone to review.

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

But so far no Adobe employee seems to have contributed to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do you think lifting the source-code of the application might violate the license agreement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Alt+Del open Task Manager, then read the processes currently running on your pc, then google search each one of those processes and it tells you what they are each doing. Don't act like you can get on here with witty remarks and try and make people that do actually pay your salary at Adobe look stupid, when every single one of the readers here can do the same and see that I am in fact telling the truth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't act like you can get on here with witty remarks and try and make people that do actually pay your salary at Adobe look stupid

What did lead you to the erroneous conclusion Terri Stevens is an Adobe employee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She must be if she is getting on here acting like she built the software and is some type of expert on its functionality. Or are you suggesting that she doesn't work for Adobe and doesn't know what she is talking about? Please clarify that part for me? Because the current software package that comes with CC does in fact take data from your PC and upload it, it further takes data from multiple points at one time and uploads it to multiple locations simultaneously. Adobe is well aware of the fact that they are running as many as 20+ different forms of software on our computers all at once. They also know exactly what it is doing to computer performance. Windows 10, Nvidia, and Adobe all know the specs on any individual system, and when they recognize a system can handle more they make use of the system to offer what they think will enhance either a person's experience, or the full potential of the software package. This leads to massive increases in power, band width, streaming, seeding, and the use of DRM (Digital Rights Management) type software that is both helpful and harmful. The fact that most of this has come into play on epic levels in the past 6 years, and only gotten worse is exactly why people have had to upgrade all their device hardware over and over again over the past few years to keep up. That said, Adobe is in fact GUILTY AS HELL of Farming people's personal information for profit. It is unethical, and as a company they should be trimming down their software packages to help performance rather then increasing them and eating up more resources on the user side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She must be if she is getting on here acting like she built the software and is some type of expert on its functionality.

No; you seem to employ faulty logic to deduce stuff you could instead have researched.

And »research« is a rather big word for the effort it would have taken to find out that she is not an Adobe employee.

As for »acting like she built the software« I did not draw that impression from her posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for pointing out that she was in fact Trolling these forums, as for research, I wasted that on figuring out why the Adobe CC software package, along with everything else you may obtain from Adobe, is so labor intensive on a computer. Which leads us back to the original point of this forum post, and the fact that my response was meant to help people understand that they should let Adobe know they are tired of having their software use up so much of their RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree; Terri Stevens is not trolling, as far as I can tell she is a frequent and helpful contributor on these Fora.

I think that if you wanted to contest her claims (e.g: that many background processes can be turned off) or argued your claims (e.g.: that Adobe turns customers’ PCs into servers for their use) you should have stuck to the facts and engaged in a more restrained exchange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying that you can make use of CC based photoshop or CC based Lightroom, and other CC based software without making use of CC? Ya... try that and see how well it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why should I have to turn them off, why doesn't Adobe simply give us a preferences settings option for CC to allow us to make use of CC based software without CC. As it is you have to go into task manager and cut off some, and you can only turn off a few of them, most auto restart right then... The purpose of these forums is for people to discuss the actual mechanics, and to make factual issues surrounding performance known, not ridicule people that express actual problems that surround Adobe products. And DRM is the core problem with CC, and not all of it can be turned off if you use the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone reading this thread be advised Kenneth is peddling total nonsense here. Creative Cloud doesn't harvest your personal information or sell anything on for profit. It is true that it runs processes in the background, but they are there to provide functionality such as the ability to share assets with co-workers or to download stock images. The desktop app keeps your software up to date without the need to keep checking anonymous web pages for posted fixes and updates-instead it simply tells you something is available. There are checks for software legality but those work transparently if your software is honestly acquired. Virtually all the background processes that Kenneth complains about can be turned off, but with loss of functionality. It may help Kenneth with his extreme form of paranoia to know you can use Creative Cloud without an internet connection at all , except briefly once a month for validation-which is the solution if your convinced Adobe is out to get you by hook or by crook.

Kenneth if you have any evidence of the claims you are making I'd like to hear about it. Otherwise please shut up and stop peddling fake news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you're clinically paranoid doesn't necessarily mean someone's not out to get you...

Yes, of course all that is total nonsense. But I stopped being surprised at all the crackpot conspiracies people believe a long time ago. I've seen a lot worse than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, come on. Just ignore this. It's going nowhere, don't waste your energy.

Let him file his lawsuit, or whatever he wants, if it makes him happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dag and Christoph,

Your quite right this is going nowhere, which is why I decided to stay out of it today. I seem to have an uncanny ability to bring out the worst in people like Kenneth.

I will say one thing Kenneth , hopefully the Prozac has calmed you down a bit now? I don't work for Adobe, I don't have shares in Adobe and don't know anyone who works for Adobe other than a few people behind the scenes on this forum. If I thought Adobe were putting spyware/malware or whatever on my computers I would make people aware and put together some evidence and lay out my case in a thread here on the forum-and you no what? Adobe would let me do that.

What you are doing is ranting without any evidence. If your Creative Cloud is using 32GB of memory with nothing running then there is something radically wrong on your system-possibly a memory leak somewhere. It's possible you have malware on your system, but it hasn't come from Adobe, unless you have used a cracked version which is known to contain a Trojan. What antivirus product are you using? If you are able to actually decompile source code and find malware amongst millions of lines of code then your a lot more advanced than most of us on this forum, but a) why is your security software not detecting it and b) why aren't you blocking it at the Firewall?

I'm very sorry if you think I was trying to be clever in my answer to you, but what I told you is accurate, you can turn the background processes off. I've described this before in other threads but I'll show you how here

1) Open the desktop application, click the gear cog and click on preferences

3.png

2) Under General set it like below

1.png

3) Under Creative Cloud click the 'off' radio button under Sync ON/OFF

2.png

4) In Task Manager select each off the Adobe items(you might have them all) and press the button at the bottom to disable it. 

4.png

5) If you press the arrow besides Adobe Creative Cloud you will see it is made up of multiple components

5.png

6) Finally in Photoshop and other CC apps close the 'Library Panel' and restart your computer. On restarting you should find most of the Adobe processes in Task Manager are now gone. If you do this then some things will not work properly and it shouldn't be necessary but maybe it is worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines