• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing video files into a BIN no longer works in CC 2017 Spring Edition

Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open a Bin and double click to import assets, files etc and they do import into the project but not into the selected bin.

Very puzzling. I have to manually move them into a bin.

Has anyone discovered a fix for this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Until the issue is fixed (which is hopefully soon), a possible workaround is to select the Bin in the Project panel, right-click and select Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would file a bug...

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

fwiw... I see the same issue with double-clicking or doing right-click import from the opened bin. The following works: Right-click on the bin from the parent folder and choose import. So it seems like it's an issue with the option to import from the opened bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! I'm not happy with this new upgrade!@ I really don't like this new graphics design change they have done, it seems like a real pain, The old title program worked great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Not seeing this on Windows.

I'm on the same and seeing this even after removing/reinstalling Premiere ... I double-click a bin to open it as a separate panel, then I double-click within the empty bin panel which prompts for files to import... after importing two .mov files, they end up in the project panel not the open bin panel. You don't see that? Below is my About dialog version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some custom built panels that are doing this too...  turns out there are some small changes to the panel API with respect to importing to selected bins... suspect it might be related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, same Pr build, not seeing this, works as designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this either. Windows 10, Premiere 2017.1.

I've tried all methods of importing (that I know of):

- Dragging from Explorer

- Dragging from Media Browser

- Right-click > Import from Media Browser (this even respects the currently selected bin. I don't have to be inside the bin, just have it highlighted/selected and it will import to that bin).

- Using the Import dialog (same as above; I don't need to be in the bin. It imports into the currently highlighted/selected bin).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no seeing this on Windows 7 2017.1

005.gif

also works when the bin is not float:

006.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a pattern here... can you try this? ...

1. Open Premiere/Project etc.

2. Change Project Panel view to "list view" mode (non-icon view).... click button in lower/left to change modes.

3. Create a new bin named BinAAA or whatever.

4. Double-click in BinAAA.

5. After it opens, double-click in BinAAA's client area (the area which is blank)... that prompts for import.

6. Select a movie file and Open/OK to import.

7. You should see it go in the parent... if you don't, try the following...

8. Ensure that no bin is selected in the project panel... i.e., click in a blank area of the project panel (i.e., no bin should be highlighted selected). Do this after the above steps ... so BinAAA is floating and empty and ready.

9. Double-click in client area of BinAAA and choose file and click Open/OK to import. It should go in the parent assuming there isn't yet another variable here.

Interestingly I also notice...

1. Create a BinBBB the same as BinAAA above.... both BinAAA and BinBBB should be floating.

2. Select/highlight BinAAA in the Project panel.

3. Double-click in the client (blank) area of BinBBB to import, select file, click Open/OK to complete import, it will be imported to BinAAA, the last bin selected in the project panel.

If you still don't see it, there's a missing variable here. But I noticed it was touchy based on what is currently selected in the project panel and while I see the oddity with icon view, it seems list view makes it easier for me to deselect everything and easier to reproduce. I'm not certain something in my configuration isn't causing it but I did remove and reinstall without keeping prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see now.

there's a problem with your step #5 - "double clicking the blank area to import" - it does not import the files into the bin, but instead just below it. did this ever work for you?  I checked in 2015.3 and it's the same behavior as CC2017. not sure this was ever a feature.

001.gif

I got a workflow that might work for you, this is what I do in Ae: just highlight the bin (click on the folder once) and press Ctrl+I to import your files...

002.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps worked for me in reproducing this issue per OP's use of double-click (Importing video files into a BIN no longer works in CC 2017 Spring Edition ). I don't actually use double-click and rarely float bins which is probably why I haven't seen this issue. Note, it happens with Step 5 using right-click import or CTRL-I as well so double-click is not required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce this double click issue.

if I double click the folder, there will be a float box and import works fine to the bin if I click twice in the blank space or Ctrl+I.

if I double click the blank space on the bin layer (not the folder icon, just the same line), it's the same as clicking a blank space in the whole project panel i.e the files won't be in any bin and this works the same in 2015.4

as for right clicking the folder (as it highlights the Bin line) and choosing import, or highlighting the folder and clicking Ctrl+I, the files are imported into the bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Royhessey wrote

I open a Bin and double click to import assets, files etc and they do import into the project but not into the selected bin.

Very puzzling. I have to manually move them into a bin.

Has anyone discovered a fix for this

only work-around I see to keep import into floating bin is to double bin, but who wants to do that

I double click the bin in project panel> opens floating bin> new bin> then import

that is only way I can keep import into floating bin with my Windows is with double bin, but I do not double bin, I let import fall into project bin and throw it back up into floating bin

yes, bug entered, but double bin work-around came after bug entered, will update bug work-around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is being investigated. Some things that I have noticed in initial investigation:
1) Reproduces when Project panel is set to List View. Switch to Thumbnail View and the Bin (that was created in List View) still reproduces the issue. Occurs on Mac & Windows.
2) Switch Project panel to Thumbnail View, then create a new Bin and double-click to make floating, Import will correctly go into Bin.
3) For failure case in List View, if I right-click the Bin in the Project panel and choose Import, then import will correctly go in Bin.

Can you confirm you are seeing the same behavior?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to reproduce this in both icon and list view, and with floater or docked bin... it's just that with icon view, the focus after double-clicking to open a floating bin seems to stay on the same bin in the parent after the floater opens which cause the import to go to the correct bin.

In brief, it seems whatever bin is selected in the project panel somehow becomes the target of an import that takes place in a separate panel representing the some other bin when the import begins at takes place from that separate panel representing that other bin, whether that other bin's panel is docked for floating. So if nothing is selected in project panel, footage ends up in the root of the project panel, else it ends up in the bin which is selected in the project panel. If some other bin is selected, the footage ends up there.

And note, it doesn't always happen... I had a BinAAA and BinBBB both floating and with BinAAA selected in the project panel, an import from BinBBB ended up with footage in BinBBB as expected. However, with BinBBB selected in the project panel, an import from BinAAA's panel caused footage to end up in BinBBB. Note, even though I said the former case worked correctly, and the second did not, the former had not been working prior to, I think, an import I did from the project panel to BinBBB directly (not in panel) and henceforth imports from the BinBBB panel worked fine regardless of the project panel bin selection. However, the issue with BinAAA persisted... where imports from it seemed to be erroneously ending up in whatever bin was selected in the project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, there does appear to be some odd focus behavior going on. I created a Bin in List View, deselected it, then selected it, double-click to open in floating panel (or dock it), then Import would still import to the root of Project panel. (still in List View) Select Bin again in Project panel and Import in floating/docked Bin = correctly Imports in Bin.

Successful Import in Bin will not keep Bin selected in Project panel, however, so you will need to select Bin in Project panel again to successfully import additional media via the floating/docked Bin.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we simply import into a targeted bin as we have in the past?  I can no longer expect my imports to go directly into the bin I have open, or have double clicked on, or even drag items into; new imports seem to always to directly to the root project.  Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until the issue is fixed (which is hopefully soon), a possible workaround is to select the Bin in the Project panel, right-click and select Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok good to see this is a recognised bug, was driving me nuts. Trent's work around is helpful in the interim.

How do we get notified when it is fixed?

Also how do you change color scheme for icons and video audio files on timeline , icons on clips color in bins etc??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be addressed in the CC 2017.1.2 (11.1.2) update that was released today.

More information on 11.1.2: Premiere Pro 11.1.2 available today – critical update, highly recommended | Creative Cloud blog by A...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes all working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's now 2020 and this issue is back. 

Was working fine but now it's not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is it. Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines