Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture not syncing well

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My mobile Capture version seems to be having trouble connecting to the server.

a) Is there any way to reset or force sync?

b) is there any way to share shapes in my mobile library i na different way, e.g. sending one through mail? I created (and saved) a trace image and need to process it further elsewhere, and I'm in a hurry...

Thanks

taking the standard questions from a recent post:

On the mobile side:

1. What hardware platform? Android 6.0 / Huawei EMUI 4.0.1

2. What OS version? see up

3. What version of Capture? 2.6.656

4. Are you signed in to your Adobe ID? yes

On the desktop side:

[this is less relevant for my problem as it seems to be mobile-side only]

1. What hardware platform? OSX

2. What OS version? 10.12.4

3. What CC app, and what exact version? Illustrator + Photoshop 2017, latest

4. Are you signed in to the same Adobe ID? yes

On the web:

1. Can you go to assets.adobe.com and sign in to see your Library items? Yes, and I don't see a newly created library (with one test image) appearing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Sytsew.

Sorry the app's not working correctly. I haven't heard of sync problems in this version of the app but I have had a number of people having trouble with Huawei devices so I'd like to try to figure out what's happening.

First, though, since you're in a hurry and it sounds like you have a Creative Cloud account there are additional ways to share/save a shape: Tap the shape you want to share. Then, from the upper nav, tap the share icon. From the menu that opens choose Export As. The next m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sytsew.

Sorry the app's not working correctly. I haven't heard of sync problems in this version of the app but I have had a number of people having trouble with Huawei devices so I'd like to try to figure out what's happening.

First, though, since you're in a hurry and it sounds like you have a Creative Cloud account there are additional ways to share/save a shape: Tap the shape you want to share. Then, from the upper nav, tap the share icon. From the menu that opens choose Export As. The next menu that opens will give you a number of options for saving the asset.

After you get your project done, can you check a couple of things for me:

* When you log in to Adobe Creative Cloud can you see any of your Capture libraries?

* Check your wifi/data connection; use your mobile browser (on the same device) to navigate to any site that isn't cached.

* Try forcing a sync in the problem library; swipe/pull down from top to bottom in library that won't sync. Then try logging in to Adobe Creative Cloud to see if your wok has synced.

* If that doesn't work, try signing out of the app then signing back in.

Let me know how things are going.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small update, while the issue persists, for those in a similar situation: I managed to mail myself a screenshot of the traced image on my mobile, and trace that in Illustrator. That at least takes the urge off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, thanks for answering, and thanks for the tip how to Export As, I hadn't found that one before.

In reply to your questions, now I'm done for tonight:

After you get your project done, can you check a couple of things for me:

* When you log in to Adobe Creative Cloud can you see any of your Capture libraries?

Online, yes. On phone: no. I tried making a new library folder (with the single image in it) but it has never shown up online in CC so far.

* Check your wifi/data connection; use your mobile browser (on the same device) to navigate to any site that isn't cached.

No, I'm on a eduroam wifi connection inside a university. Will try when home later to see if that's been a factor.

* Try forcing a sync in the problem library; swipe/pull down from top to bottom in library that won't sync. Then try logging in to Adobe Creative Cloud to see if your wok has synced.

Tried that already a couple of times: the updating sign just keeps spinning (like a beachball in OSX)

* If that doesn't work, try signing out of the app then signing back in.

Will try that one again when home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sytsew.

Thanks for all the details; they're super helpful.

Let me know what you find when you try a different Internet connection, it could be a firewall causing the problem, and we'll go from there. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, now in different network:

immediately forcing a server sync did not work, but after signing out, closing the app, restarting and signing in again it seems to work now, and finally online CC libraries are sync'd too. I'll try tomorrow if this normal state persists in my work's network, and let you know.

Thanks for the help, Sytse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sytse.

Good. Great. I am curious to know what happens at work...

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

it seems to work fine at work now, too. So it must've been an account login issue.

What happens at work? More work ...

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's working Sytse.

Have a good day.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines